Worldwide Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worldwide Ancestry

Have had Ancestry Worldwide for years , but decided its too expensive and anyway I hardly need it now.
    So why is it the same week I decide to only go with UK Premium ,I need the Canadian

must be someone's law??

Murphy's??
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

well I wasn't going to spell it like that exactly;)

Comment

You're probably like me. I do have Ancestry Worldwide, although I would say the vast majority of my rellies are English (yes, not even as wide as British!). I sure would miss being able to follow twigs abroad, though. Once you have got used to having WW it would seem frustrating not to know what happened to them.
        Anne

Comment

I had mucked up when I used that link for 50% off so had to ring them ,she still gave me the 50% off , but when I asked how much off for worldwide she said 20% ,considering I've had a sub for years thought that was a bit mean.
          But am already beginning to regret it.

Comment

I've never had worldwide Ancestry, but OH offered to also get me a sub to FMP a couple of years ago .............. he'd been paying Ancestry as a Christmas present for several years, and I was debating with him about whether to change. He offered to give me FMP for my birthday present ..... and I got ww on FMP

It's a good way of solving what he should or can give me .............. I have everything I could want. Only so many earrings you can wear at once, and I have about 30 times that number :D

I must admit I have found FMP much more useful this time around than when I did a trial about 12 years ago.
            My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I jumped at the offer of ancestry uk when i got my dna results, I did consider the world wide one but also thought it was way too expensive BUT then when I started looking at the ancestry hints I found my grandfather was on the electoral registers in new zealand so would have given me a definate address. Shame I didnt have that knowledge when I went to new zealand as i am sure my rellies there must have access to the electoral reigsters n their own country.

Comment

Tom buys me FMP , and I used to get Ancestry worldwide free with the FTM Discs for a long time, so it worked out really cheap.
                Somebody has kindly offered to do any look ups for me , I shall keep that in mind.
                I also find FMP much easier than it was after the changes.

Comment

Its a shame you missed out on a decent offer from Ancestry Val. I have the Worldwide. Happy to help if you need it.

Vera

Comment

Thanks Vera kind of you , I'm going to move on for now, I've been looking at this lot for so long .

Comment

**Val* and anyone else that might be interested, I think you will find this weekend on ancestry there is free access to UK, Ireland and Commonwealth records (i.e. Australia, NZ, Canada etc) from Good Friday through Easter Monday.so Val you can search for your Canadians worth a look........

Lilly

Comment

Thanks Lilly

Comment

Thats annoying when I just did a search on the Canadian records , I found a record and when I clicked on it ,got a page pop up saying I had to pay for worldwide to view it?

Comment

Val try typing Ancesty.co.uk into your search engine, don't use your account, you should get a ancestry page coming up saying free records this weekend etc, go though that web page rather than your account...i have been caught like that before, if I use my account.....fingers crossed...or...I have just tried it,:o on your home page of ancestry, right at the top of the page it says Free access to etc, click on the search free bit, you should also be able to get in that way....

Lilly

Comment

thanks Lilly will try that

Comment

Working...
                              X