Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private David Howell Davies

Hello all,
    A local historian with no internet access rang me last night to ask for help. He's looking for any information about Pte David Howell Davies of the 7th Lincolnshire Regt. All I could find was a paragraph in the local paper of 29th August 1918 which read as follows, "Mr. and Mrs. Isaac Davies (Heoldwr, Cray) have received the sad news that their eldest son, Pte David Howell Davies K.L.R., has died of wounds received in action somewhere in France. Deceased was only 19 years of age."
    He is believed to have died 14th August 1918.

Thanks in anticipation, Wynne

Hi

Not found an lot at the moment. His mother was called Jane. If you look on CWGC. Just google and he is the first one to come up and scroll down to headstones. The first doc has his grave number on 584. Go to the second doc and his parents have added 'Son of Isaac and Jane Davis of ' address added. At the top of the page you can see a view of the cemetery etc.

Will keep looking
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

1901 census. Brecknock
      Isaac Davies aged 33 Mason
      Jane Davies aged 27
      David H aged 1

1911 census Heoldwr
      Isaac Davies aged 43 Stone Mason. Married 15 yrs 7 children born, 6 living, 1 has died
      Jane 37
      Elizabeth Ann 9
      Elfyn 7
      Gwynoro 4
      Aneurin 2
      Sarah Mary 4 months

There is a tree on ancestry but the owner hasn't been on for a few months.
      Lin

Comment

Thank you for your help. I'll have a look at CWGC and pass on the info.
        Wynne

Comment

It might also be worth keeping an eye on this page - or even contributing to it: https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/lifestory/1112213
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Christine

Just had a look at the site you recommended and is really good. Hopefully people will upload their info onto it.

Thanks
            Lin

Comment

Thank you Christine That looks good

Comment

This is his headstone on Find A Grave

Matt
                My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                  1901 census. Brecknock
                  Isaac Davies aged 33 Mason
                  Jane Davies aged 27
                  David H aged 1

1911 census Heoldwr
                  Isaac Davies aged 43 Stone Mason. Married 15 yrs 7 children born, 6 living, 1 has died
                  Jane 37
                  Elizabeth Ann 9
                  Elfyn 7
                  Gwynoro 4
                  Aneurin 2
                  Sarah Mary 4 months

There is a tree on ancestry but the owner hasn't been on for a few months.
                  That suggests that his birth was registered 1899q3 Brecknock. David Howell DAVIES, mmn= JONES (In case that useful)
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I don't have the time to hunt, myself, but this is also a possibly-useful resource (Welsh Newspapers Online - from The National Library of Wales):

Christine

Comment

Working...
                    X