looking for Adèle Breton Kirouac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
    I've found the birth of Simon Alexandre Bernier at Cap-St-Ignace in 1732, to "a certain Alexandre, traveller, and Louise Bernier", and the subsequent marriage the same year at Cap-St-Ignace of Maurice Louis Le Brice de Kerouach, when the priest states that the parties had a child (not named in the register) prior to the marriage, who was legitimised by the marriage. One of the witnesses who signed the register was Maurice's brother Nicolas Jean de Kerverk.
    Simon Alexandre born in 1732 was the son prior to the marriage. He was to become the source of all Kirouac family in America except those of Louis Gabriel or Jacques( who's no trace are found)

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
      In the meantime I've been trying to trace François Xavier's line backwards, to see where it leads.

I've done it fairly quickly, so it needs checking, but if I haven't made any mistakes (bearing in mind that the earlier records are very hard to read), these are his ancestors:

1. François Xavier Kérouac dit Breton, bap. 1821 at L'Islet-sur-Mer, parents: Hilaire Kérouac and Marie Magdelaine Bouchon or Bouché, married in 1819 at L'Islet-sur-Mer.

2. Hilaire Kérouac bap. 1798 at L'Islet-sur-Mer, parents: Simon Alexandre Kérouac and Marie Ursule Guimand, married in 1782 at Cap-St-Ignace.

3. Simon Alexandre de Kérouaq, bap. 1760 at L'Islet-sur-Mer, parents (Simon) Alexandre Kérouaq and Marie Elizabeth Chalifour (spelling? ), married in 1758 at L´Islet-sur-Mer.

4. (Simon) Alexandre Kérouaq, parents' names in marriage register practically illegible. Father's name could be Lebardie or something similar (it doesn't really look like LeBris or LeBihan), and mother's first name looks a bit like Louis, but could be anything. There is a baptism at Cap-St-Ignace in 1735 for Alexandre, son of Louis LeBrice de Kerouac and Louise Bernier(?), which might possibly be the same person. The baby was born the day before it was baptised.

5. I found a burial in 1736 for Alexandre Kérouaque (?) Breton, aged 30, who I assume is related to no. 4, possibly his father, but there's no way of being sure.

So this family does appear to connect back to the one you mentioned in your first post, but don't get too excited yet, because we still need proof of Adèle's birth.
      Yes I agree with you it all comes back to the same story. Adèle and Joseph Calixte had 15 to 17 children, 4 of wish were born in USA Mary 1875, Minnie 1876, Georgianna 1877 and Isabelle 1882. I'm still looking for information on Mary and possibly a fifth child Angie.

Comment

Sorry, duplicated post.
        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 23-12-17, 16:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierrot View Post
          Simon Alexandre born in 1732 was the son prior to the marriage. He was to become the source of all Kirouac family in America except those of Louis Gabriel or Jacques( who's no trace are found)
          As you'll see from post #35, Louis Le Brice de Kerouac and Louise Bernier had a son Alexandre born in 1735, in addition to Simon Alexandre Bernier born before their marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierrot View Post
            Yes I agree with you it all comes back to the same story.
            Well yes, but's what's interesting is that this line leads to François-Xavier Kérouac, who had a daughter Marie-Adeline in 1851, and whose son Maxime was living almost next door to Adèle and Joseph in 1891, which makes me think that they might be related.

Adèle and Joseph Calixte had 15 to 17 children, 4 of wish were born in USA Mary 1875, Minnie 1876, Georgianna 1877 and Isabelle 1882. I'm still looking for information on Mary and possibly a fifth child Angie.

Can you post details of the US births of those children? If it's the same family, Marie, Georgianna and Isabelle were living in Canada with Joseph and Adèle in 1891, and I can't find baptisms for any of them in Canada. However, Adèle said on the census that she immigrated to Canada in 1881, which would be before Isabelle's birth.

Comment

If you look in the family tree under Adèle Breton you will have all the info that I have for those children Minnie came to Lévis Canada in 1882 and got her canadian citoyenneté in 1884.

Comment

Yes, the records for Minnie are very useful; I found her marriage, which confirms her parents' names, and I see that the 1901 census gives her date of birth, place of birth (USA), and immigration and naturalisation dates.

Comment

Working...
                X