Joseph Shropshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Shropshire

I'm needing informtion on Joseph Shropshire b.1866. I was wondering if there is a census in Grainger County, TN or Hawkins County, TN that would list him or his parents? His father was James Shropshire and James' wife was Clara or Mary Clara.

Hello greta,

I take it that you don't have an Ancestry subscription? I have found a Joseph with father James and mother Clara in Hawkins TN 1870 US census ---

though I can't see this on Familysearch.. but I have found 1880 on familysearch will post that below this link:

[[removed link that didn't work, posted new link in post below]]

Source Citation
    Year: 1870; Census Place: District 4, Hawkins, Tennessee; Roll: M593_1535; Page: 43A; Family History Library Film: 553034

Familysearch: 1880 US Census:

this link takes you directly to Joseph:

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

this link gives you information of Josephs through the years [they might not all be the Joseph you want]

hopefully that will help you
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 19-10-17, 06:44. Reason: removed link
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hello Darksecretz. The ancestry link you gave me didn't work. Those other links helped. I'm trying to find info about Kezia Shropshire. She was in Grainger County, TN census and I think she was born in 1802. I'm trying to figure out who her husband was.

Comment

Sorry Greta I have no idea why that link didn't work.. hopefully now this one will.

1870 US Census: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=6

where have you got the name Kezia from? i'll have a look and see if I can come up with anything.
        Julie

Comment

1850: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=7

1860: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=1
          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            Sorry Greta I have no idea why that link didn't work.. hopefully now this one will.

1870 US Census: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=6

where have you got the name Kezia from? i'll have a look and see if I can come up with anything.
            In one of the censuses it lists Kezia Shropshire as living next door to James Shropshire (Joseph's father). I thought she could be a relative of some sort to him.

Comment

Originally posted by gretapisces View Post
              In one of the censuses it lists Kezia Shropshire as living next door to James Shropshire (Joseph's father). I thought she could be a relative of some sort to him.
              I have just checked the census in 1860 Kezia is next door to James & Clara it is possible that Kezia could be James' mother.
              Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                I have just checked the census in 1860 Kezia is next door to James & Clara it is possible that Kezia could be James' mother.
                I've Been trying to search for Kezia Shropshire but I have no leads. From the census that lists her as next door, I would say she was born in 1802.

Comment

Working...
                X