No announcement yet.

A cheeky request!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Katarzyna, Yes that is my thread,,well found ...

Comment

Not exactly well found, John, it's what we like to do - ferret. Wish you had mentioned them yesterday it would have saved several hours searching for what you already have
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Now I'm confused. I thought the Thomas Harvey b c1858 we were looking for MARRIED a von Spriedenburg, not had one as a mother?
        Have I lost the plot?
        Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
          Now I'm confused. I thought the Thomas Harvey b c1858 we were looking for MARRIED a von Spriedenburg, not had one as a mother?
          Have I lost the plot?
          Anne
          Hi Anne, Yes he did marry a Von-spriedenberg but on the census he has his mother in law with him.
          So the search (sort of) continues for the (correct) Thomas and beyond....
          Thanks again all....
          Last edited by john_harvey; 01-06-17, 16:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
            Not exactly well found, John, it's what we like to do - ferret. Wish you had mentioned them yesterday it would have saved several hours searching for what you already have
            Apologies,, If you want the truth I had forgotten about those threads...

Comment

I was confused at how a change of name for a von Spriedenburg helped in finding Thomas's birth? I knew it was the right Thomas on the 1901 census when his mother in law is with them. Something of a clincher with that name!

Its good you are certain it is the right Thomas in 1939. But as I said uphread don't take the YEAR of birth for gospel truth. The day and month is likely to be right (or as right as the person who filled in the form knew!).
              Anne

Comment

I was confused at how a change of name for a von Spriedenburg helped in finding Thomas's birth? I knew it was the right Thomas on the 1901 census when his mother in law is with them. Something of a clincher with that name!

Its good you are certain it is the right Thomas in 1939. But as I said uphread don't take the YEAR of birth for gospel truth. The day and month is likely to be right (or as right as the person who filled in the form knew!).
                Anne
                Thanks Anne, yes the plot thickens :o

Comment

Have I lost the plot?
                  Anne
                  No it's me that lost the plot Anne. I still think the von Spriedenburg's used Francis as a surname for ease. Some of them can be found registered

June 1847 VONSPENDENBOURG John Whitechapel 2 566
                  Sept 1852 Von Friedenberg Dinah Whitechapel 1c 303
                  Sept 1855 VON SPRIEDENBERG Mary Ann Whitechapel 1c 308
                  BUT, only the last one Mary Ann has a MMN of Willet. The others are Brion and Bryan.

However that's another line of enquiry!
                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Ah, thanks Kat. My head was spinning.LOL
                    Anne

Comment

Do you have Thomas in the 1881 census?

Although Thomas stated a definite date for the 1939 ie 1857 on other occasions he changed it. Anything from1857 to 1862 so I don't think he knew which year he was born but maybe knew date.

The GRO reg for Thomas Joseph Harvey Stepney mmn Killick records
                      1st quarter of 1861 but he could have been born in December 1860 if it was a January reg. Do you have that bc?

The 1861 census of a Thomas with parents Charles and Mary Ann doesn't fit with an 1860/61 birth as he was recorded as aged 1

The 1871 has him aged 10 b 1860/61

The mc has Thomas aged 22 b 1860/61

The 1891 has Thomas being way out on his age

There is a GRO death reg for a Thomas Joseph for 1946
                      aged 87 b 1859. Is that your Thomas?

Vera
                      Last edited by vera2013; 02-06-17, 19:47.

Comment

Vera, that bc is in post 13.
                        Unfortunately it gives a date of 8 Feb 1861.
                        I am beginning to suspect that the Thomas we are looking for did not have a birth registration :(
                        Anne

Comment

Thanks Anne. Should have re-read the thread before I posted.

Will prod a bit more until I start going round in circles.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                            Do you have Thomas in the 1881 census?

Although Thomas stated a definite date for the 1939 ie 1857 on other occasions he changed it. Anything from1857 to 1862 so I don't think he knew which year he was born but maybe knew date.

The GRO reg for Thomas Joseph Harvey Stepney mmn Killick records
                            1st quarter of 1861 but he could have been born in December 1860 if it was a January reg. Do you have that bc?

The 1861 census of a Thomas with parents Charles and Mary Ann doesn't fit with an 1860/61 birth as he was recorded as aged 1

The 1871 has him aged 10 b 1860/61

The mc has Thomas aged 22 b 1860/61

The 1891 has Thomas being way out on his age

There is a GRO death reg for a Thomas Joseph for 1946
                            aged 87 b 1859. Is that your Thomas?

Vera
                            Thanks Vera that death for Thomas I have the cert for.Scan 4.jpg

Comment

This is the birth cert I have for Thomas (wether its correct or not?)Scan 2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X