Death Cert Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Cert Canada

Anyone know where I can get a death cert for a death in Ontario 1987, somebody gave me a link but it works out at £37 english pounds.

not much help, even though I live in Canada

HOWEVER, Canada does have very strict rules on when information on bmds can be released publicly online ............. roughly called the 50/75 or 80/100 rule.

I am still waiting to even see the reference to a death of someone who died in Manitoba in 1919 ........... I have her death notice sent back to friends in England, and I've discovered she was probably buried in Saskatchewan, but have not so far been able to access any record of her death.

So ............

you could check on this site

Ontario birth, marriage, death & divorce certificate orders. Apply online. Official vital certificates issued by the Ontario Office of the Registrar General.

to obtain the certificate

OR google Vital Statistics Canada

It might be worth checking on familysearch
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thanks Sylvia ,thats probably why I can only find his Grave stone but not the death reg on Ancestry.

Comment

Ontario is one of those Canadian provinces that is very guarded in releasing information.
        The official government site states-
        https://tinyurl.com/kedva9u

Death certificates in Ontario may be released to any person with a valid reason.
        A Certified Copy of Death Registration is restricted to Next of Kin (Spouse, Common Law Partner, Mother, Father, Daughter, Son, Sister, or Brother). If all Next of Kin are deceased the extended Next of Kin may apply (Grandmother, Grandfather, Aunt, Uncle, First Cousin, Nephew, Niece, or Grandchild).
        I believe the Certified Copy of Death Registration contains cause of death as well as other information.
        Death Certificate – $65.00
        Certified Copy of Death Registration – $75.00 each

However-

https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/scr_ServiceStandards.do?eformsId=0#section1

File-size death certificate: $15
        certified death certificate: $22
        certified death certificate + medical (includes cause of death) is only available through paper application: $22

Cheers
        Guy
        Last edited by Guy; 23-05-17, 19:45.
        Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

thanks for those Guy, would I have to prove my husband is the next relative??

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            thanks for those Guy, would I have to prove my husband is the next relative??
            I think you do have to send some proof and making the application is a bit of a pain. I did one for a friend whose father died in Toronto in 1972 and it hard.
            Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia C View Post
              not much help, even though I live in Canada

HOWEVER, Canada does have very strict rules on when information on bmds can be released publicly online ............. roughly called the 50/75 or 80/100 rule.

I am still waiting to even see the reference to a death of someone who died in Manitoba in 1919 ........... I have her death notice sent back to friends in England, and I've discovered she was probably buried in Saskatchewan, but have not so far been able to access any record of her death.

So ............

you could check on this site

Ontario birth, marriage, death & divorce certificate orders. Apply online. Official vital certificates issued by the Ontario Office of the Registrar General.

to obtain the certificate

OR google Vital Statistics Canada

It might be worth checking on familysearch
              Sylvia, 1919 Manitoba deaths should be on the government vital stats database: http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/

Comment

Working...
              X