Extended death certificate ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maggie

I have no experience of using Irish records so I can't help there, but have you tried searching for the granddad's marriage in Ireland? That might give some clues as to where he was from, and then base the search for John's baptism on that information.

I take it the English census doesn't give a birthplace for either John or his father?

OC

Comment

can you put the details on here ?? somebody may be able to help

Comment

just wondered if you had looked for him on the 1939 census ? that may give his date of birth.

Comment

Reading this debate I think the actual date of birth is quite irrelevant to us and probably to the person concerned if it is not years out!

What we want from birth records it to confirm the parents and the date is nice to know but not essential.

Margaret

Comment

Margaret

In this case though, a birth date might help to rule in or out a baptism record which MaggieT has found.

OC

Comment

also it would help to narrow down the right birth and the right parents ?

Comment

Originally posted by MaggieT View Post
                Thanks for replying - I've hit the proverbial brick wall sadly. I'm trying to find my dad's family in Ireland. He is no longer with us, nor any of his direct family. His Grandad came over from Ireland around 1881/2 with one child - John. They went on to have other children born in Liverpool but it's John I've been trying to get info on, as he seems to be the only link to finding the family in Ireland. We think they're originally from Co Carlow but when you try to access Irish records, again, no date of birth on anything? It seems crazy! Ive found what COULD be John's baptism record but without the DOB I can never say for sure its them. Am I missing something here? Is there any other way of finding them?
                Hi Maggie,
                Why not put all the info you have for the person whose birth you are looking for in Ireland - ie full name and rough parameters for when born, plus as much info as you have re his parents - inc mother's maiden name if known - and we can have a hunt on irishgenealogy.ie
                Hopefully it's a relatively unusual name, and not a Murphy, Kelly, Walsh etc.��

Christine
                Last edited by Karamazov; 19-05-17, 19:43.
                Researching:
                HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                  Margaret

In this case though, a birth date might help to rule in or out a baptism record which MaggieT has found.

OC
                  Point taken. I was thinking from a position of having not found many baptisms and where I have they have all been after the births - sometimes by quite a while!
                  Margaret

Comment

Working...
                  X