Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral registers 1920s/1930s for Lancashire

Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible to access the electoral registers for the Lancashire area covering the 1920s/1930s?

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks ..

Originally posted by Giddysue View Post
    Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible to access the electoral registers for the Lancashire area covering the 1920s/1930s?

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks ..
    It is usually best to ask the library for the area concerned as to what they hold and where other registers may be - often in the local Records Office. The library somethines will answer questions but will, not do extensive research. The town is the unit generally rather than the county.

If it's 1939 you can always try Find My Past for the 1939 Register which can be searched on address.

Not a lot of these records are online I don't think.

Margaret

Comment

FMP have electoral rolls for England and Wales up to 1931 here:

I don't know if they include the whole of Lancs, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
        FMP have electoral rolls for England and Wales up to 1931 here:

I don't know if they include the whole of Lancs, though.

Thanks Mary,

I've just checked the above link but unfortunately it doesn't cover the specific area I'm needing.

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
          It is usually best to ask the library for the area concerned as to what they hold and where other registers may be - often in the local Records Office. The library somethines will answer questions but will, not do extensive research. The town is the unit generally rather than the county.

If it's 1939 you can always try Find My Past for the 1939 Register which can be searched on address.

Not a lot of these records are online I don't think.

Margaret
          Thanks Margaret,

The 1939 register has provided a little information but I really need details from previous years so I will try the relevant library to see what I can ascertain from their records.

Comment

Working...
          X