Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Henry BREALY

For Copplestone War Memorial.

I will place the details of each man in separate threads in case anyone fancies confirming details.

Any additional information would be useful to confirm he was born/lived in the parish.

Many thanks for your interest.

Stu.

1915 September – William Henry BREALY -

14389 Private William Henry John Brealy of the 8th Battalion, the Devonshire Regiment.
    Son of John and Jessie Brealy (née Andrews) of Broadgate Court, Newton St Cyres. Born in Copplestone, Crediton, in 1896.
    Died 25 September 1915 aged 19.

Hello Stu - in 1911 William was living with his parents and younger sister Alice Maud at Bewsleigh Cottage, Copplestone and was an apprentice baker. Birthplace is given as Crediton. The Army Register of Soldiers Effects confirms date of death, regiment and number, his father John was his sole legatee and sent the sum of £4 and £3 10s War Gratuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
      Hello Stu - in 1911 William was living with his parents and younger sister Alice Maud at Bewsleigh Cottage, Copplestone and was an apprentice baker. Birthplace is given as Crediton. The Army Register of Soldiers Effects confirms date of death, regiment and number, his father John was his sole legatee and sent the sum of £4 and £3 10s War Gratuity.

Fantastic Jill,

Thats just what I need. I know Bewsley Cottage, it is just up the road from me and well within the parish boundary. So Mr Brealy is my first confirmed. Thank you for your assistance.

Stu.

Comment

My pleasure Stu, I have been researching the old boys of the school where I work who died in WW1, so this is the sort of project that I find very satisfying.

Comment

Working...
        X