Jane Fell c 1877 Liverpool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jane Fell c 1877 Liverpool.

I am struggling to find this lady in the 1891 Census.......she marries in 1898 so still with her maiden name. There is probably a transcription problem but I'm not good coping with these. Her parents would be Arthur & Mary Fell although her father dies in 1882........ would appreciate any help.

Have we looked at this one before Alan? I wondered because I have just discovered that in March I put a transcription alteration in 1881 for her when she was mis-transcribed as Hill.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Where were they living in 1881 Alan? have you the census ref?
      edit : Ok have found it.
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 01-08-16, 08:46.
      Kat
      My avatar is my Great Grandmother, Cassandra Elizabeth Palmer 1861 to 1940

Comment

She doesn't appear to be with her mother in 1891 - http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/65...d=&usePUB=true

Comment

Or are we looking at two different families?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=8912

No - that ones father is Absolom.
          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 01-08-16, 08:49.

Comment

There seem to be a lot of Jane Fell births around that time in Lancashire
            There's another one with father James - that's three so far.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 01-08-16, 08:59.

Comment

I don't think that I have posted about this before Chris. Am convinced it's a transcription error though. Stupid of me, never thought that she may not be with her mother. She is my grandmother and I never asked questions.

Comment

What about this one Alan - transcribed as Jane Jell? -

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/65...&usePUBJs=true

Comment

It looks good Chris; I need to check where her mother is. Many thanks.

Comment

Well, if it's her Alan, they are half a mile apart. Her mother is at 22 Byles St Toxteth Park (see post #4) and she is at 22 Upper Park Street Toxteth Park. So straight up Melville St, Letitia St and Morton St, if those streets were there in 1891
                    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 01-08-16, 15:55.

Comment

Yes, that's them Chris.................we find it hard to accept a 13 year old as a Domestic Servant outside of her home.............appreciate your help.

Comment

was she b in Wigan 1877 - mothers maiden name Gallagher and did she marry Herbert Molyneux at St Peter church,Liverpool 1898 ?? is that the right Jane Fell ??
                        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Hi Allan,
                          No, not born in Wigan......born Orford Street, Wavertree 1877 mother's maiden name McAra from the bonny banks but she did marry the Herbert Molyneux in St Peters.

Comment

Working...
                          X