No announcement yet.

Mary Ann Robinson b.1818 Melton Mowbray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gonna have to go to bed, my eyes are seeing double/fuzzy head. thank you everyone that has helped, it really is appreciated x
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Resurrecting this thread now... going to see if it can be chipped at.

but not holding out much in the way of hope. Maybe this is a common name too far?
      Julie

Comment

On I see you have done it.

Just looking at my jottings. Did you have the niece of Harriet Pears (Robinson) in 1861 census

She is Harriet Ann Cook bap 11 Sep 1853 Somerby f John Cook m Mary Ann. ? Died Barrow on Soar 1876 aged 22. GRO 1853 Melton Mowbray reg Cooke Harriet Ann mm n Robinson

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
          On I see you have done it.

Just looking at my jottings. Did you have the niece of Harriet Pears (Robinson) in 1861 census

She is Harriet Ann Cook bap 11 Sep 1853 Somerby f John Cook m Mary Ann. ? Died Barrow on Soar 1876 aged 22. GRO 1853 Melton Mowbray reg Cooke Harriet Ann mm n Robinson

Vera
          I don't appear to have that in my tree Vera, well, technically I do have a lot of instances in my tree where I have the census saved but they are blanked out in my tree. I had a session where things I had saved were not showing so suspect this is from that.

I don't have a sub atm so can't say for definite if this is wrong or right.

I did see the Cook/Robinson marriage but couldn't see them in the census to follow up.
          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

I don't appear to have that in my tree Vera, well, technically I do have a lot of instances in my tree where I have the census saved but they are blanked out in my tree. I had a session where things I had saved were not showing so suspect this is from that.

I don't have a sub atm so can't say for definite if this is wrong or right.

I did see the Cook/Robinson marriage but couldn't see them in the census to follow up.
            I will put up that 1861

​I think there may have been another child of Mary Ann, a Lucy Ann Cooke on a bap record. Will re-check that.

Got nowhere with Cook/Robinson in Census after marriage date of 1852.

Vera

Comment

I think that you may have something there Vera, there is a death for a Mary Ann Cooke in MM in 1855 with a birth yr of 1819. That would fit so easily with MAR. I wonder if John then remarried?
              Julie

Comment

Mistranscribed on Ancestry

Hariot Pears 29 widow b Melton Mowbray

Sarah Elizabeth Pears dau 2 b Somerby
                Arthur son 5 b Somerby

Hariot Ann Cook 7 Niece b Somerby

Living Somerby

Vera

Comment

Mistranscribed on Ancestry

Hariot Pears 29 widow b Melton Mowbray

Sarah Elizabeth Pears dau 2 b Somerby
                  Arthur son 5 b Somerby

Hariot Ann Cook 7 Niece b Somerby

Living Somerby

Vera
                  yep that certainly looks familiar, after Blowers death Harriet goes on to marry Robert Wood. [and probably Joseph Dakin too!] I had seen the image before but couldn't account for Harriet Ann Cook!

I don't suppose the marriage is there is it? in 1852? if not I'll have to send off for it. [and also the death too in 1855]
                  Julie

Comment

I think that you may have something there Vera, there is a death for a Mary Ann Cooke in MM in 1855 with a birth yr of 1819. That would fit so easily with MAR. I wonder if John then remarried?
                    There is a burial record for

FMP

Mary Ann Cooke buried Somerby 7 Mar 1855 aged 36

Not sure about this child

Lucy Ann Cook bap 15 Jan 1855 Melton Mowbray m Mary Ann. No father recorded

Vera

Comment

There is a burial record for

FMP

Mary Ann Cooke buried Somerby 7 Mar 1855 aged 36

Not sure about this child

Lucy Ann Cook bap 15 Jan 1855 Melton Mowbray m Mary Ann. No father recorded

Vera
                      Yes I think that the burial could be her, though I suspect i'll have to get the m/cert first if it isn't in the PRs [so suspect it'll be a reg office job]

Not sure about Lucy Ann though.. though her death could be child related?
                      Julie

Comment

Not sure about Lucy Ann though.. though her death could be child related?
                        According to what I have seen Lucy was born in 1854 and bapt in 1855.

there is a John Cook death in 1854 aged 78! [I wonder if that is her husband?] Marys I mean.
                        and also another John Cook but that is an infant aged 0 in same q/dist as the John above too.
                        Julie

Comment

COOK, LUCY ANN [MMN -]
                          1854 M Quarter in MELTON MOWBRAY
                          Volume 07A Page 223

so might not belong at all with no MMN being noted.

Julie

Comment

yep that certainly looks familiar, after Blowers death Harriet goes on to marry Robert Wood. [and probably Joseph Dakin too!] I had seen the image before but couldn't account for Harriet Ann Cook!

I don't suppose the marriage is there is it? in 1852? if not I'll have to send off for it. [and also the death too in 1855]
                            I can't see any marriage on parish registers or even banns. Or 're-marriage for John Cook/e. Not seeing anything on Lucy Ann.

Vera

Comment

COOK, LUCY ANN [MMN -]
                              1854 M Quarter in MELTON MOWBRAY
                              Volume 07A Page 223

so might not belong at all with no MMN being noted.
                              No father on baptism. So that is probably just the child of a Mary Ann Cook single woman. Not likely also, perhaps, to give Ann as second name twice.

vera

Comment

I have ordered the m/cert Mary Ann Robinson-John Cooke. Though I suspect this will take 4-6 weeks to get to me.
                                Julie

Comment

and I had a lightbulb moment too.. I can use ancestry via the library to search! I'm a div!!!!
                                  Julie

Comment

and I had a lightbulb moment too.. I can use ancestry via the library to search! I'm a div!!!!
                                    Does that mean to go Library or online?

Vera

Comment

I was looking at a family Cook in Long Clawson with a John, son daughter Mary and mother Lucy. Father is Joseph. Wonder if there is a connection to your Mary Ann (John) and a Lucy Ann (Mary).

Unfortunately another John Cook in same area. Both remained single for a while

Vera

Comment

I was just going to suggest. Ours has FMP too so I never renewed my sub this time, and will keep going until they stop and then review
                                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 15-01-21, 15:41.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Does that mean to go Library or online?

Vera
                                          at home due to covid
                                          Carolyn
                                          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
                                          X