• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Hints gone mad

hint.jpg

Can anybody spot the difference ?

They are testing your sense of humour Val or they are bonkers! Sue

Comment

that's ridiculous isn't it ? how on earth can that be a hint think I might tell them about it

Comment

I have been looking at the hints lately. Not got any howlers like that but some can be very tempting. I nearly went down to wrong path.

Vera

Comment

just dont get why they would think thats a hint ?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            just dont get why they would think thats a hint ?
            There's obviously something wrong with their matching programme!
            I have had it before and as you have identified there is nothing to connect the record with your tree.

Margaret

Comment

hyer Margaret I have had quite a few bad hints but this is by far the worst

Comment

I have to say that although I have had hints that were way out I actually love them. I have found several things from them that wouldn have taken me ages to find otherwise. Especially mis-transcriptions/marriages etc. There is also a facility to click 'This is not my family', so that it doesn't pop up again and if you click 'This is my family' it gives you the option to add it to your tree.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I would just like to be able to use the appropriate ones .... yet AGAIN I have the message
                  "Some tree features are temporarily unavailable. During this time you may not be able to add new information to your tree. Thanks for your patience while we resolve this issue. Go back Retry"

Looked on Facebook as advised by Caroline but nothing there to explain the continued poor website performance. Giving up for today :(
                  Anne

Comment

When I get that sign come up Anne I just go straight back and try again and it has always worked the second time.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Well, it wasn't playing this morning this morning! I tried several times from different ways in but nothing doing. Grrrrrr!
                      Anne

Comment

I had one which gave the child's mother as one year old when she was born, and the father 0. (or visa versa)
                        Either way it's all clever stuff! :o

Comment

its certainly messing about a lot lately ,keep getting the message my tree isn't available or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                          X