Parish Register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parish Register

I've lost the link and the only ones I can find ask you to become a member and pay a membership, the one I used to use only charged for the actual records you had emailed to you ?
    Anybody got the link please
    It covered records for Bermondsey and Southwark and more

Was it this one Val - used to be known as Docklands Ancestors - seems the website has been redone but still the same organisation.

By the way, some of the PRs from that area are now on Findmypast so check there first!

This is how it used to look, if that helps to confirm you're on the right one! (snapshot taken from the Wayback machine)
    Family history website for those tracing their Docklands, Thames and Watermen and Lightermen ancestors. Features online searchable databases of parish registers and genealogy data.
    Elaine

Comment

Findmypast links which might help .. although coverage is limited.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks although its the same colours Elaine it looks different, the one I used you could view early baps for St Leonards Bermondsey etc etc it used to be I think £2 per image for baps seems now its membership only ? unless I read it wrong.

Comment

Yes, sorry Val, it was me that didn't read it through. You are right - seems to be membership now rather than paying for each record. I used it a lot in the early days but then found that many of the records I needed were included in the LMA records on Ancestry.

Are you looking for something in particular?
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            Thanks although its the same colours Elaine it looks different, the one I used you could view early baps for St Leonards Bermondsey etc etc it used to be I think £2 per image for baps seems now its membership only ? unless I read it wrong.
            I know the London parishes fairly well and I don't recognise a St Leonards in Bermondsey. That said, Southwark, Bermondsey etc are in the LMA collection on Ancestry (images of original registers) and if you don't have a sub, then maybe pay per view would be cost-effective ?
            Rick

Comment

aha Elaine thats what I thought so shant bother then, and hyer Rick nice to see you, I dont know why I said St Leonards got it on the brain lately, my Great Grandfather used to do odd jobs in the St Leonards Church besides being a member.
              I do have a sub to Ancestry but I rather liked the way you got a printed list of all the possible matches on one sheet on Parish Register I found it a lot easier to read .

Comment

Working...
              X