Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websites for German Genealogy?

Hello everyone,

I have been stuck at a brick wall with my maternal side of the family for a long while now. It seems I have tried contacting every living relitave of this person and have scowered the internet, with no results other than what I already had. I am specifically looking for Max Heilmann born 1879 likely around the area of Gera and Louisa (Magdeline Henrietta) Lohsack born around 1877 in the same area (New Debschwitz?) I was wondering if anyone could give any advice as to how to get information on their parents? I have also heard that services will look in Germany for birth records for you but require money, is this a good option? If so what are some recommendations?

Thanks, Jack

I don't know if you are already aware of the Reference Library section of this website, but in case not:

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I use a researcher to help me trace my german ancestry. Been using him for years. You have a clue where your relatives came from, so maybe find a local researcher?

Comment

Ok, I will post on the research requests. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I was getting a formatting error before when I tried going on anything other than the forum, but it seems to be working now.

Comment

Working...
          X