Ancestry Hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Hints

Its so annoying to see hints by a name in my tree yet when I look at them I already have them attached to my tree ? would you not think there is a way of them knowing it ? in the old search if you clicked on a record it said you already have this attached to your tree.

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    Its so annoying to see hints by a name in my tree yet when I look at them I already have them attached to my tree ? would you not think there is a way of them knowing it ? in the old search if you clicked on a record it said you already have this attached to your tree.
    It still does Val as far as I can see. What I find irritating is a hint that does not relate in any way whatsoever with the person it is attached to :( I get that reasonably frequently.

What they are also doing know is giving hints for records that other people have put on their trees for the same names but of course some people attach anything in sight so you get a load of rubbish.

I try not to look at hints in any detail if I can help it.

Margaret

Comment

Dont think I will bother with the hints either.

Comment

I have recently been looking/checking hints and all of them have been correct, [so far!] though I always check the image to make sure.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I am using the hints in a different way. Having recently uploaded my complete tree (you've all heard this before from me!! LOL) I am slowly working my way through each person attaching stuff to their records. Of course, I already did all this before in my offline records but I'm finding it a satisfying process.
          To be fair nearly all the hints are correct. A few are just plain stupid and I have great pleasure clicking the 'Ignore' button (together with a suitable curse!)
          Another annoyance is the non appearance of REALLY obvious hints which are not given and I have to find manually, knowing they exist from my previous research.
          Yes, Julie, I also check all the images to make sure!
          Anne
          Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 22-01-16, 08:50.

Comment

I always check too some are so ridiculous, can anybody tell me if they have found a way to attach a record to the same family in one move rather than having to add it to one then going back to it and adding it to the next and so on.
            You used to get a box that says do you want to add this to another person any ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X