Someone help me find Gerts Death???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been to the library today...

found bits about Gerts untimely death in it, as well as thanks from my grandparents for all the people that helped look after her...

it appears there was a PM.. but cause of death was natural.

she had burnt her leg, and the home help came to see her, so she contacted the doctor to visit, the doctor didnt get there till 7.30pm (home help arrived about 2pm)

the doctor found her in the hearth with extensive burns... and dead.

So the next step now is to get the cert and contact the Coroners Office.

nothing about a funeral though in the paper, and she died just a month after her Hubby Alf.... how sad.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Glad you've got more information. I'm confused - if home help had found her with burnt leg, shouldn't she have been taken to hospital? And if the doctor found her in the hearth with extensive burns, doesn't that mean she fell again? If she was already extensively burnt when home help arrived, surely she should have been taken to hospital then?
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Well at least that proves what you were told about the fire. Still sad though.

It also means that death in the same qtr as hubby is probably her.

Good luck with the coronors office, I think most records are destroyed after 15 years (but I could be wrong)
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
          Glad you've got more information. I'm confused - if home help had found her with burnt leg, shouldn't she have been taken to hospital? And if the doctor found her in the hearth with extensive burns, doesn't that mean she fell again? If she was already extensively burnt when home help arrived, surely she should have been taken to hospital then?
          I don't know Nell,

All I have to go on is the report in the paper,

"A home help who visited Mrs Holt during the same afternoon found her suffering from burns on her leg and arranged for a doctor to call and see her. At 5.40pm a neighbour saw Mrs Holt at her kitchen and appeared to be alright. When the doctor visited the Address at 7.20pm he found her lying on the hearth near a hot fire and suffering from extensive burns. he confirmed she was dead."

The only other snippit of info I do have, is that she fell and put her hands out to break her fall and they ended up in the fire with her head. (but this is purely family lore) and I have nothing as yet, if ever, to prove this.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
          X