New Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ancestry

I have just received an email from ancestry letting me know that from 5th November, everyone will be on the new ancestry.

I wish they would leave the site alone.

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

The email says that millions of people are using the new site, with its enhanced storytelling features, and clean streamlined design.

They also say that many new record collections will only be viewable on the new site.

This rather implies that you can still access the old site, doesn't it ?

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

I wish we had a choice , I dont want to see a whole page of records I only want to see what I am looking for,if you know what I mean.

Comment

Yes, I know what you mean !

I am getting fed up with hints saying there is a so and so living in the USA, while I have them down as born, married and died in the UK.

I am also getting fed up with suggestions that Reginald Thomas Day could be Thomas, which then becomes Thomas something or rather.. and so on.

However I mustn't stew on this. I don't want my blood pressure going up - lol !

Comment

Their so-called hints are more like the hay rather than the needle I'm looking for - and generally hay from the wrong haystack. I can't be bothered to sift any more.

Comment

Originally posted by bcbrit View Post
            I have just received an email from ancestry letting me know that from 5th November, everyone will be on the new ancestry.

I wish they would leave the site alone.

bcbrit
            What exactly does the email say please ? Customer support staff were still saying earlier today that no date had been set. It's not because you use the Canadian site is it ? I know that was always going to be the last one to be available because it was more work due to the dual languages.
            Rick

Comment

I've not had the email yet so maybe you are right Rick ?

Comment

Hi there,

It was sent by ancestry.ca.

However, I usually get the email from ancestry.ca first, with the ancestry.co.uk arriving later in the day.

Will keep you posted.

I have a world subscription, which I pay through the UK site.

bcbrit
                Last edited by bcbrit; 26-10-15, 23:41.

Comment

Okay, I signed out of ancestry, and a few minutes went into ancestry.ca and signed in. There was a banner letting us know that 5th November , everyone would be on the new ancestry. When I looked under signed out on the top right hand side , there was thingajig saying New Ancestry.

I signed out and went over to co.uk and signed on there. There was nothing at all about the new ancestry. Under the sign out, it only said Improved Ancestry.

So maybe they are starting with Canada ?

bcbrit

Comment

For research purposes I have just done the same thing for ancestry.com, and they had an ad saying try out the new ancestry. Under sign out, it said New Ancestry.

bcbrit

Comment

Interesting and I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that sort of test !! All I would say is that if that really is switchover day, then DON'T PANIC
                      Rick

Comment

It would be a first.
                        Rick

Comment

I just went on Ancestry and it asked me to use the new system and I turned it down, it asked me why and I replied that when I tried it before I ddin`t like it and ended up emailing them when it started doing stupid things with my relatives. They then replied that the new one would be used soon. I took that to mean they will change to the new version.

Comment

Working...
                          X