X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Findmypast free weekend

Free weekend details here

Moggie

I am amazed to say had an email from FMP saying about the free weekend and as I am a loyal customer they dont want us to lose out so they have added 3 days to my sub ,

Comment

Maybe FMP read this forum and realise how we feel about Ancestry when it gives free access Val?

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

yes Trevor and probably the same with free access to FMP

Comment

Thanks Valee, I'll go & check my email from them now

Just checked and because I have only got a local subscription and not a world one, the 3 extra days don't apply to me. I can understand that though, thinking about it, as I haven't already paid for world access so it shouldn't apply to subscribers like me.
          Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 16-09-15, 22:47.
          My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

but its going to apply to people that dont have any sub so why not you ? I would ask for 3 days world you never know

Comment

Yes I could try couldn't I? Will do that tomorrow and see what they say.
              My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

I only have UK sub, but had an e-mail to advise me of the impending free access to worldwide.
                I am happy with that - Val, I don't think it would be fair to have offered me 3 extra days membership. After all, you have paid a larger sub than I did.

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I agree with Janet, as you will presumably be able to see the world records for the three days like everyone else won't you Sue?
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes I think it is good of Findmypast to celebrate my birthday in this way. ;)
                    Cheers
                    Guy
                    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

I think I worded that wrong, trust me, I was thinking Sue would not be able to access the 3 free days worldwide, when of course she can .

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. I actually got an e-mail about this from Lost Cousins as well.

I'll be sure to do some digging between tomorrow and Monday, to see if I can find some information I couldn't with Ancestry.
                        Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
                        Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
                        Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

Working...
                        X