• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Zoe,
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Hi Vikki, I just came across your search even though it is a good few years ago now. I bought the cottage where the murders had taken place, but I bought it off a Miss Sale she was the lady who bought it after the murders had taken place. I had no idea what had happened until after I had bought it, and I must admit I new knew why none of the villagers were interested in buying it as it came with the nickname Murder Cottage. The old Lady who lived next door told me, that the husband Geoffrey Christopher had been sectioned and was in Denbigh Mental Institution. The wife Helen had got into a relationship with his brother sometime after he had been sent there, apparently she & Geoffrey already had a little boy and at the time of the murder she was pregnant by Phillip. According to the people in the village, someone had gone up to Denbigh and told Geoffrey about his wife having a relationship with his brother and that she was expecting this baby, shortly after that he managed to escape and somehow got hold of a shot gun. He went to the house where Helen managed to get her son out of the back door to go and get the village bobby. Geoffrey shot his wife and his brother, but I was told that he ran off and committed suicide and his body was found in the farmers field. I find it such a sad story. I don't know what happened to to son or who he went to live with. But I can only imagine how awful it must have been for him.

Comment

Hi Helena and welcome to FTF
        Vikki hasn't been on site for quite a while, but you could try sending her a Private Message. If her e-mail is still current and she has her settings to receive notification she will see that you are trying to contact her. To send a PM, click on her name and you will see the Private Message option.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I've just come across this website which my sister found. According to our family tree, Geoffrey Christopher and Phillip Christopher were the brothers of my Great Gran. My G Gran must be Vikki's GG Auntie? I've tried to PM Vikki but as a new member I can't do it until I've posted ten times on the site.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum

looks like Vikki has not visited in a while, I have sent her a PM, so she should get a notification if she has not changed her email.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
              Hi and welcome to the forum

looks like Vikki has not visited in a while, I have sent her a PM, so she should get a notification if she has not changed her email.
              Hi, thank you.

Comment

I’ve just come across this post , I’ve been trying to trace my family tree. I’ve recently found out that my great grandmother Jane Christopher ( edwards) these where her brothers

Comment

The son who was left behind is my father. he wasnt the only one either. and he was in school with his brother at the time. ive recently been looking through family history on both my nanna and grandad

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum, how very sad for your father, a great trauma he had to live through

Are you in contact with any of the other posters on here
                    vikki brace Lorraine Edwards

Neither of them have visited in a while, I can send a PM if you want to try and get in touch with them
                    Last edited by Darksecretz; 23-09-22, 09:26.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Vikki Brace has a tree on Ancestry - last signed in today so try messaging via Ancestry.

Comment

Originally posted by annette.humphreys View Post
                        Vikki Brace has a tree on Ancestry - last signed in today so try messaging via Ancestry.
                        I've sent her a message on Ancestry - thank you Annette.
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi All, I haven't been on this site in a while but thank you Darksecretz for reaching out to me.
                          Helen - part of the story is true but as always Chinese whispers happens and stories change.
                          Happy to discuss if you'd like to message me.

Off to see whats changed on this site since I've been gone 😊
                          Vikki -

Comment

Originally posted by vikki brace View Post
                            Hi All, I haven't been on this site in a while but thank you Darksecretz for reaching out to me.
                            Helen - part of the story is true but as always Chinese whispers happens and stories change.
                            Happy to discuss if you'd like to message me.

Off to see whats changed on this site since I've been gone 😊
                            Hi vikki brace glad to see you have found the thread. I'm not sure if you know but you can now tag members by using the @ and then their username, they will then get a notification abit like a PM top right and if they click on that link then it brings them to thread that they were tagged in. They do have to login to site though as they wont get email notifications for a tag.

lee christopher Lorraine Edwards Diane 82

might be an idea to PM them too?

great to see you though
                            Julie

Comment

Darksecretz I didn't know about the tagging. Shows how long since I posted, thanks for the advice. 😊
                              Vikki -

Comment

Originally posted by vikki brace View Post
                                Darksecretz I didn't know about the tagging. Shows how long since I posted, thanks for the advice. 😊
                                nah that's ok, it's a relatively 'new' feature
                                Julie

Comment

Hello Vikki. I am their grandson, so please do get in touch with me as I have a wealth of information to share.
                                  Last edited by acidburn110; 20-03-24, 17:52.

Comment

Originally posted by acidburn110 View Post
                                    Hello Vikki. I am their grandson, so please do get in touch with me as I have a wealth of information to share.
                                    Vikki hasn't been onsite for a while it might be an idea to either PM her or see if tagging her gets a response. If you are an Ancestry member then she also has a tree there so that is another option for getting in touch. To tag vikki just use the 'at' symbol like this vikki brace hopefully you'll get a reply. If not I'll send her an email and get her to come online.
                                    Julie

Comment

Working...
                                    X