X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one of thirteen I cannot find

Samuel Keen born 23 Apr 1821 Mile End in 1843 marries
    Sarah Elizabeth Gill born 26 Aug 1825 Shoreditch

They have 13 Children and I have managed to find all records more or less of 12
    But this one eludes me

Emily Louisa Keen born 24 Sep 1855 Strand, London I have her Birth Bap and 1861 and 1871 census but cannot find her after that would love to tie this lot up.
    Here she is in 1871 if anybody has some free time.

Thanks

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Well she didn't marry in 1898, I've ruled that one out and I can't find a death under Keen.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Sorry, followed another marriage but nothing likely.

Comment

thanks for trying Chrissie I keep leaving them for a while and coming back hoping I missed something.

Comment

You welcome, sorry I couldn't help.

Comment

probably end up leaving it for another year or two;) so annoying.

Comment

I've also had a go, but drawn a blank.

Comment

There is an Emily Keen born 1855 travelling from London to Brisbane Queensland arriving 29 Dec 1874. Can't see anything more for her though. No further details on the record as it is an index-only record.
                Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

thanks for trying Mary, and Linda shall look into that one thanks again.

Comment

I imagine you have already seen this one but just in case

Emily Keen
                    b about 1855
                    died 1879 aged 24
                    1st quarter
                    Shoreditch reg

She was buried at Manor Park Cemetery on the 11th Feb 1879. Address Hay Street, Haggerston

Vera

Comment

thanks very much Vera I did see that death but hadn't thought to look for her burial the address may give me a clue,hope you did not use your credits ?

Comment

Haven't tried to eliminate her but see the address is not too far from where family settled in St Clement Danes.

Sad if it is her at aged 24. Have credits floating around a few sites and sometimes as with SP and FMP, you lose them if you don't use them. Lost all those Irish ones I had because they went over to subscription only.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                          Lost all those Irish ones I had because they went over to subscription only.

Vera
                          Vera,
                          I think previous credits get reinstated if you take out another sub. At least, that's been my experience when I've taken advantage of a couple of FMP's 1 month for £1 $1 or €1 offers. Having said that, there's no need to use the credits if you go for worldwide so they just lapse again. �� I go a bit mad digging around in the Irish records/newspapers when these offers come up.
                          However, I ended up using all my credits on behalf of someone I was helping, as they expired a few days after my one month sub was up.
                          Hopefully there will be another one month offer for you again soon...
                          Christine.
                          Researching:
                          HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Christine

Currently on a one month FMP which is out on the 17th. I have had quite a few of them recently. I had loads of free searches for the Irish site because I had bought a couple of certs but lost them because of sub only now.

I'm not currently working on my tree and tend to buy the odd credits for my hobby. However, hoping one day to crack Mary Jane from Armagh so will look at the newspapers to see if I can get some free access. Elwyn has pointed me in the right direction. Mary Jane settled in Scotland. If she had only bothered to get married it would have been easier.

SKS that is another one for my dictionary alongside LOL and PMSL (am I allowed to put that one on here)

Vera

Comment

My current worldwide one month expires 31 Aug so if you want me to do any searches, just ask/PM.
                              I don't know what PMSL means either - hopeless! Do tell.
                              Researching:
                              HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thanks again Vera I honestly did not know it was close to where she was in 1871 ? I'm not too good with areas.
                                I seem to have quite a few dying young or living to a great old age, do wish they would not die just before a census record.
                                If you need a look up for Mary Jane let me know I have a few credits in odd places.

Comment

Thanks Christine. I will PM you that one

Val. Yes back in the day if they got passed infancy, they had a chance. Aged 24 likely to be childbirth or something linked to working conditions maybe.

I will bear that offer in mind re Mary Jane.

Vera

Comment

did you tell her what PMSL means??

Comment

I did. Have to keep up to date with this modern vocabulary.

Vera
                                      Last edited by vera2013; 16-08-15, 02:53.

Comment

Working...
                                      X