No announcement yet.

The " New Improved Ancestry " Ha Ha .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine hasn't changed at all. Still on the old style for some reason - thank goodness, judging by what you are all saying.

Comment

I'm going back and forward between the two, they both have their good and bad points. At the moment I'm looking at the map on the "Lifestory" page and tracking the bigamist who married my great aunt - he fled his first marriage for Australia, enlisted in WW1 and I'm entering all his locations from his military record up to the point where he deserted, so there are event markers all over Victoria Australia, Suez, Cairo, and in the UK Northumberland, Dorset, Paddington and Rustington.

Comment

Originally posted by wr. View Post
        Mine hasn't changed at all. Still on the old style for some reason - thank goodness, judging by what you are all saying.
        I got an option across the top of the screen to 'try' the new version, I did have a go and then sent some feedback, it's ok and I can see why they are doing it BUT if it ain't broke don't fix it!..

I suspect that it'll be like most things, you will have two choices, like it or lump it.. either way you WILL have to get to grips with it as they WILL phase the old search out, of that you can be sure.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hmmm, baptism at Paddington, St Stephen shows up as being in Manchester, not London. Saved the Ancestry image and that's the location it saved on my tree as so I need to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
            Hmmm, baptism at Paddington, St Stephen shows up as being in Manchester, not London. Saved the Ancestry image and that's the location it saved on my tree as so I need to change that.
            are those on Ancestry now Jill? Pr's for St. Stephens? Padd [still looking for my William's baptism]
            Julie

Comment

They are here

Comment

Mine changed suddenly yesterday whilst I was adding to the Tree - that info was lost!
                I cancelled my membership this morning - due to be renewed on 3.8.2015.
                If your Tree does suddenly change to the new version you can change it back to the old version (at this time). Someone has put a link further back on here that you just click on.
                When cancelling my membership I asked how long we can expect the old system to be available - they don't know at the moment - suspect it may be for quite a while until the wrinkles are ironed out.
                Sue
                Last edited by Sue1; 22-08-15, 09:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
                  ah rightio.. I still can't find Paddington in that set though.. :(
                  Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    ah rightio.. I still can't find Paddington in that set though.. :(
                    On the right hand side select Westminster as the borough, and then Paddington as the parish.
                    Very limited cover by the looks of it.
                    Elaine

Comment

.. sorry - select Westminster as borough, and then St Stephens Paddington as parish!
                      Elaine

Comment

New Ancestry - becoming a bad word to me - see below the first bit in brackets was added by ancestry! - it is their "story":

(When William Douglas George Foster was born in 1917 in Southgate, Middlesex, his father, WILLIAM, was 37 and his mother, LIZZIE, was 33. He had three sisters. He died on December 23, 1917, in Andorra, within a year of his birth)

How on earth can they justify Southgate, Middlesex (which I have quite clearly for his death) becoming Andorra - they really do have a problem - and so do anc.co.uk members.

I have not given anyone access to my Tree to alter anything or add anything - makes a bit of a mockery of that. Sue
                        Last edited by Sue1; 22-08-15, 15:48.

Comment

What I don't like is on the .uk site for the new records listings the dates are in American format -i.e. 8/20/2015. I can just about cope with that for dates after 12th of each month, but when it is something like 3/4/2015 I immediately think 3rd April and not 4th Mar. I am still on old style, but this lot seems to have changed to new style and there is no way to change it back.
                          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                            .. sorry - select Westminster as borough, and then St Stephens Paddington as parish!
                            ta Elaine,
                            Julie

Comment

I'm debating whether to go for the FMP offer if this is going to be so bad. Not using it currently for my tree and am still on the old version. Only use it for searches at the moment. Is that much different from previously. Sorry not picking up on that here. I can ignore the stories and added bits but not sure about the UK counties ending up as USA and that awful switch round for dob.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                                I'm debating whether to go for the FMP offer if this is going to be so bad. Not using it currently for my tree and am still on the old version. Only use it for searches at the moment. Is that much different from previously. Sorry not picking up on that here. I can ignore the stories and added bits but not sure about the UK counties ending up as USA and that awful switch round for dob.

Vera
                                The Search functionality is completely unchanged between Old and New. Search has a new font colour and typeface, but that's it. All the change is in the tree-building part of the site.
                                Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                                  What I don't like is on the .uk site for the new records listings the dates are in American format -i.e. 8/20/2015. I can just about cope with that for dates after 12th of each month, but when it is something like 3/4/2015 I immediately think 3rd April and not 4th Mar. I am still on old style, but this lot seems to have changed to new style and there is no way to change it back.
                                  I'm not seeing that on New or Old. Have you got an example ?
                                  Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Sue1 View Post
                                    New Ancestry - becoming a bad word to me - see below the first bit in brackets was added by ancestry! - it is their "story":

(When William Douglas George Foster was born in 1917 in Southgate, Middlesex, his father, WILLIAM, was 37 and his mother, LIZZIE, was 33. He had three sisters. He died on December 23, 1917, in Andorra, within a year of his birth)

How on earth can they justify Southgate, Middlesex (which I have quite clearly for his death) becoming Andorra - they really do have a problem - and so do anc.co.uk members.

I have not given anyone access to my Tree to alter anything or add anything - makes a bit of a mockery of that. Sue
                                    What does it say in the Facts view for the place of death ? If it is Southgate, Middlesex then adding the country should fix Lifestory.
                                    Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick. I will stick with my old friend then.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                                        I'm not seeing that on New or Old. Have you got an example ?
                                        It's the recently added and updated listings available on home page. When you put the listings up all the dates are in American format, and the colour scheme is the new format.
                                        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

last night I had 97 hints for my tree today I only have 5??

Comment

Working...
                                          X