Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Hindle help to see if I have found the right parents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Hindle help to see if I have found the right parents.

James Hindle is on the 1841 census in Sowerby Bridge, Yorkshire age 60 b about 1781 d 1843 Sowerby. He married Frances Bates (abt 1782 - 1830) in 1800 at Halifax and says he was from Norland. The only christening I can find is 7 Jul 1777 Clayton West, Yorkshire to James (weaver) and Susannah Hindle of Skelmenthorpe, there is also a Hannah Hindle ch 1779 to the same parents. James Hindle married Susannah Sowerby 7 July 1776 at Emley, St Michaels, Yorkshire wit: John Hindel and William Hunter. Would this be the right parents?

I'm in Oz so may not reply right away. Many thanks.

Tora

Not sure if the following will be of any help but here goes

James Hindle age 63 abode Sowerby d 18 Mar 1843 bur 23 Mar 1843 Sowerby Bridge Christ Church (West Yorkshire Deaths & Burials 1813-1985)

1941 Census (Class: HO107 Piece: 1304 Book: 6 Enumeration District: 7 Folio: 17 Page: 27) James Hindle 60 & Ruth Hindle 20 at Sowerby Street, Sowerby - according to this record James was NOT born in Yorkshire but Ruth was so the James baptism you have found in 1877 may not be the right one?

Ruth Hindle b 1 Jun 1821 bap 12 Aug 1821 Sowerby Bridge Christ Church parents James & Frances Hindle abode Skircoat father's occupation corn miller (West Yorkshire Births & Baptisms 1813-1910)

Other children of James & Frances bap Sowerby Bridge Christ Church:
    - Ann bap 30 Mar 1800
    - Rose bap 27 Sep 1801
    - John bap 16 Oct 1803
    - Alice b 5 Jan 1805 3 Mar 1805
    - George bap 24 Sep 1809
    - Harriot b 15 May 1814 bap 5 Jun 1814

Happy hunting!
    PJD

Comment

PJD
      Thank you for having a look at James Hindle.

I had most of what you found BUT I had missed on the 1841 census that it said he was not of this county. I have not got some of those children too. Guess I will never know, as on his marriage he said he was from Norland but can't ignore the census.

I have more like this that I am unsure of so I'll put them on here.

Once again thanks.

Tora

Comment

One thing to bear in mind is that the county boundary between Yorkshire and Lancashire has moved around a bit over the years. So someone not born Yorkshire in one census might find his birthplace moving to Yorkshire on another record.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Tora View Post
          PJD
          Thank you for having a look at James Hindle.

I had most of what you found BUT I had missed on the 1841 census that it said he was not of this county. I have not got some of those children too. Guess I will never know, as on his marriage he said he was from Norland but can't ignore the census.

I have more like this that I am unsure of so I'll put them on here.

Once again thanks.

Tora
          Bear in mind that the place given on the marriage record will be where he was living at the time of the marriage, not the place he was 'from' in the sense of being born there.
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Uncle John & Judith,

Thank you hadn't even thought of those 2 things.

Tora

Comment

Working...
            X