Fmp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fmp

Can anybody tell me how to find out which specific records are included within a particular set
    ie In Cheshire Parish Burials how do I find out which churches and dates are covered

Thanks for any help-Holcan

There did used to be coverage lists for the various parish records on FMP, but they were always very well hidden. Now I can't find them at all, but they are probably still there somewhere.

It always makes me suspicious when companies make it so difficult to find out exactly what you are searching against in their well publicised records sets, and probably why so many researchers I know tend to avoid FMP whenever possible ( Ancestry is a little better, but not always !).

Send them a message via their help system ... ?
    Last edited by AntonyM; 03-08-15, 16:19.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks for response Anthony.
      I much prefer to use Ancestry but I have both subscriptions in order to access as many results as possible.
      If I do not find what I want I will ask their Help section.

Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
      There did used to be coverage lists for the various parish records on FMP, but they were always very well hidden. Now I can't find them at all, but they are probably still there somewhere.

It always makes me suspicious when companies make it so difficult to find out exactly what you are searching against in their well publicised records sets, and probably why so many researchers I know tend to avoid FMP whenever possible ( Ancestry is a little better, but not always !).

Send them a message via their help system ... ?

Comment

This is the best I can do - click on browse by place, then scroll down to see the names of all the parishes included in the data set. Not a database I've needed to use.

Jay
        Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 03-08-15, 16:50.
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

familysearch has cheshire records
          Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

scroll down
          Last edited by Guest; 03-08-15, 22:12.

Comment

I usually go to Search at the top then select A to Z index. In the search on the massive full index put Cheshire and you'll get a much shorter list of likely items. Sorry, I'm not logged in at the moment so can't try it out but the above certainly works for looking at itemised records from Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
            Anne

Comment

Working...
            X