Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needs tips on man who married more than once.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much oakum and Janet.

So with this info I have for j's dad how is best to find info on him obvs was alive in 51 as it didn't state he was deceased then.

Also with j who I was originally looking for now we have 1926 as year of birth and a possible date of death as 1983 as I've already found how am I to find info on where he went and what he did after 1951 when he left my grandma.

Thanks kim.
    Last edited by Kimmie89; 29-07-15, 19:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmie89 View Post
      Thank you very much oakum and Janet.

So with this info I have for j's dad how is best to find info on him obvs was alive in 51 as it didn't state he was deceased then.

Also with j who I was originally looking for now we have 1926 as year of birth and a possible date of death as 1983 as I've already found how am I to find info on where he went and what he did after 1951 when he left my grandma.

Thanks kim.
      Just because it doesn't say deceased doesn't mean he wasn't - the question from the registrar is "what is /was your father's occupation/". Unless you volunteer the fact that he is dead they do not ask or record it.

You could try Electoral Registers for addresses you have from 1951 to see where he lived. You could also look for TA sites to see if they have records of him.

Not sure if MOD have TA records but if they do you can only get them if you can show the person is deceased.

I think you need to buy the death certificate to see who reported it and track that person for information.

Margaret
      Last edited by margaretmarch; 30-07-15, 08:00.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
        The layout of a BMD certificate is subject to Crown Copyright - not the information on it. You are quite free to show an image of the whole certificate if you want to (not that we need the whole thing).

Official guidance is here
        Oh right! I was just following what has been said on FTF many times that they don't allow full certificates to be published for copyright reasons - maybe they need to consider revising this policy.

Margaret

Comment

When registering a marriage the registrar is required to ask the question "Is he still living ?" about the father of bride and groom - doesn't mean they give the correct answer (and sometimes don't know).
          Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
          Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

I think this shows the importance of certificates Kim. You quoted earlier -
            I have j mother and father now thanks to a fellow relative. They are Joseph maudsley and kathleen raymond think they married 1921 ( can not remember without having look)

However, the Joseph Maudsley that fits the death and marriage found was - Joseph Maudsley birth Sept quarter 1926 Manchester N ref 8d 892, with a mothers maiden name of Warwick. This would lead to a likely marriage of a Joseph Maudsley to an Ethel Warwick in June 1924 Manchester ref 8d 429. Not the one to a Raymond, whose marriage and birth of son Joseph in 1922 took place in Prestwich. Are we getting two Josephs' mixed up?

In other words, if you are sure this is your grandparents marriage certificate, I think you need to re think his parents names.

If this one is the right one, his death cert would be the best chance of finding out what happened to him and hope that the informant was a relative.

p.s. I know that Joseph died in 1983 with a birth date of 11 Jun 1926. Don't worry about the registration being in the September quarter. It just means that he wasn't registered until the next quarter.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 30-07-15, 09:27.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi

Ok so the possibility is he may or may not of known whether his father was alive at the time of marriage.

Chrissie exactly and that has proven to be false and have let the lady know the j she had with mother and father is not the j I was looking for as yes you stated there is a j with a mother ethel warwick who did marry a man with the same name as j father. Think it is 2 men with the same name being mixed up.

Think your right about death certificate being my next move forward to find out.

Ooh the joys

P.s
              Why I'm waiting on death certificate can I follow on to my mums side to give me something to do or will this just make things harder for me as it's too many names to be searching all at one time.

How do I search electoral records can I do this by going to the library within manchester.

Thanks kim
              Last edited by Kimmie89; 30-07-15, 10:34.

Comment

Ok dilemma I can not order the death certificate as I'm ordering it online and asking which hospital or which district. This I don't know and it won't let me go ahead unless I put one or the other. So looks like I'll have to phone them Monday and see what they say.

Am I actually doing any of this family research/history right.

Thanks kim.

Comment

Is this the death you are thinking of?
                  Joseph Maudsley - Birth Date 11 Jun 1926 - Date of Registration sept 1983 - Age at Death 57 - Registration district Manchester - County Greater Manchester - Volume 38 - Page 0878

Comment

Sorry Kim I was on my way to bed last night and just answered quickly. I also meant to answer this -

Yes of course, don't worry You are new to all this and that's what were here for -to help. Don't be afraid to ask anything you don't understand. If I posted the death you are thinking of (post above), you will see all the details for ordering are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmie89 View Post
                      Ok dilemma I can not order the death certificate as I'm ordering it online and asking which hospital or which district. This I don't know and it won't let me go ahead unless I put one or the other. So looks like I'll have to phone them Monday and see what they say.

Thanks kim.
                      If you are ordering from GRO here https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/Login.asp then all you need is the District.

Margaret

Comment

Hi

Yes 1926 to 1983 is the one I'm thinking is the one I'm looking for. Yes might try that then as I was trying to order from manchester office. Will do that one then.

Thanks just feels like I'm going round in circles why I've been waiting I've just been have a look at ethel and joseph maudsley possible mother and father to joseph who I'm looking for then if it's a match I already have a bit on info on them. If not I'm can start again

Thanks kim.

Comment

Working...
                        X