Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frederick Nicholls

Hi All
    Hope all is well with you all, can someone help me please on my Gt Uncle Frederick Nicholls Born around 1906 in Brentford. His Parents were Alfred Nicholls Born 1857 Slough and Mary Elizabeth Powney Born 1863 Brentford. I cannot find a Birth or even a Death except a 1911 Census when he was living with Family aged 5.
    Regards
    john

Have you eliminated this one ..

Frederick Alfred J Nichols
    1905 Apr-May-Jun
    Registration district: Brentford
    Volume: 3a
    Page: 135
    Elaine

Comment

Ten years earlier the family are down on the census as Nichols, so I'd go with Elaine's find.

Comment

wonder if this is his death ?? John Frederick A Nichols born ? Birth 2 Mar 1906 ? death 1985 Greenwich Register 185 Vol 12 Page 1287

Comment

Hi Elaine
          Yes i did see that but i am going on the assumption (according to the 1911 Census) that he didnt have middle names, although thinking about it most of my Nicholls side all had middle names except possibly Alfred and Marys Children. Certainly something to think about, and also im not an experienced Researcher so im always willing to try different ways.
          Strangely enough Alfred and Mary had 6 Boys William George (my Grandad) and a Matilda Emma Elizabeth Jane but the other 5 boys dont seem to have middle names.

Comment

they hardly ever in my experience put their middle names on census records

Comment

Think i will go for Elaines assumption and i think she is right thankyou everybody for your help on this , now i can start looking for BMD.

Comment

Working...
              X