No announcement yet.

Help me trace my grandfather's ancestry please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that Debra has enquiries on another site. Not sure if it's in order to post a link but I thought it might save duplication of effort .

Matt
    My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

just read that ,oh dear:(

Comment

"My mind is made up. Please don't confuse me with facts."
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Just to save anyone else from having to follow two threads on here, I have closed Debra's first thread on here -this is the link:

She also posted the same initial question on RootsChat as well, so there are at least four threads to keep track of if you are still trying to help her out.

Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Ah well, I read that link to Rootschat and nobody can say she's being given conflicting information. I give up!!
            Anne

Comment

It's worth noting from a google image search that the photos on the first thread have been posted many times on many different sites. The OP has subsequently been banned from many of those sites.
              Rick

Comment

oh really Rick ? thats naughty

Comment

I found the online tree which Debra says takes her back to 1509. Afraid it's just a fantasy tree with no firm dates and no sources. And certainly not Jewish!

OC

Comment

EDIT to my post #28 above - more recent parts of the tree are sourced but nothing before about 1660. The more recent parts are all of people living in the USA. Difficult to understand why Debra thinks this is her family.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                      EDIT to my post #29 above - more recent parts of the tree are sourced but nothing before about 1660. The more recent parts are all of people living in the USA. Difficult to understand why Debra thinks this is her family.

OC
                      I'm not even sure she really does. She claims her name is Bloom and the tree is Bloomer - doesn't make sense. The other personas posting the same pics elsewhere have a variety of names and not all are female. It's all smoke & mirrors if you ask me.
                      Rick

Comment

So confused

Ok, so a few days ago I discovered I had Jewish ancestry on my mother's side (her dad) but what I read online about this specific family line confused me, because it said that the family started in England when a Spanish Jew came to England in the Early 1500's. He had a Hebrew surname and his surname was altered on the immigration record. Well another Jew told me I must be a liar because there are no records of Jews entering England during that period. I looked up my surname and it said it could be Jewish, then it said the surname was of Ashkenazi origin. Ashkenazi Jews came from Germany not Spain and this Jewish ancestor of mine came from Spain (a ''marrano''), so how does that work? This guy I was arguing with said I was making things up because he knows everything about Jews and said no Ashkenazi Jews or crypto-Jews would have entered England in those periods as they are banned from entering England. One of my cousins (who researches my family history) said that my family was originally from Germany and came to England in Elizabethan times.

Comment

To avoid confusing anyone trying to help, or to follow the conversation, Debra's new thread has been merged with this one.

Caroline
                          Caroline's Family History Pages
                          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

All too confusing for me, Debra. Come back when you've got some certificates with hard facts to work from.

OC

Comment

Sorry Debra but you need proof going all the way back before you can consider it your tree.

Researching family is a methodical process proving each step which you have to do otherwise what is the point.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Hi Debra,

You have been given some very sound advice, not only here but on other forums. Unless you accept the advice and start at the beginning afresh, purchasing certificates to verify your facts, then I really don't think we can help you further.

Admin.
                                Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                X