George Nedd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
    I am just coming back to this. So if the Joseph who died in the US in 1942 is the son of your George Nedd, did he have a woman in every port?
    Joseph was born in 1928 according to the NY death index, well after this George died. It's apparently a common surname in the Caribbean.
    Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick didn't check that far
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

It has been mentioned that Dora may have had up to 4 children by different fathers. You must admit they are a very interesting family. My thanks to everyone for your help. I may have found one more conviction for George Alexander Nedd on Ancestry for indecent assault. I ignored it at first but after all that I have seen it must be mine.
        Once again thank you
        Regards
        Ann

Comment

Wow I’ve been looking for my paternal great great grandfather for years . His daughter Ethel told her children that he was Maltese , they all died believing this . My family have even been to Malta trying to get info on him .
          I would love to know more about the assault and death
          kind regard Mel

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
            Wow I’ve been looking for my paternal great great grandfather for years . His daughter Ethel told her children that he was Maltese , they all died believing this . My family have even been to Malta trying to get info on him .
            I would love to know more about the assault and death
            kind regard Mel
            Hello Mel and welcome to the forum
            So which of them was your 2g grandfather - I assume you mean seaman George who married Dora Miners?
            I've had a re-read of the thread and found I still have the email and attachments I sent to Ann (aka Golden Oldie) as mentioned in posts 9 and 15 if you would like them.
            In your shoes, I would definitely buy the Nedd- Miners marriage cert, which should hopefully enable you to go back a further generation, via their respective father's names and occupations on the marriage cert.

Good luck with further hunting!

Christine
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thank you christine , I was very pleased to find you all .
              Yes I think that George senior was indeed my 2g grandfather . It is a great surprise to the family and I’m very excited to have found him . it would be great if you could send the attachments you mentioned ,also I shall buy the marriage certificate . Thanks for your prompt response
              mel

Comment

Yes I think that George senior was indeed my 2g grandfather . It is a great surprise to the family and I’m very excited to have found him . it would be great if you could send the attachments you mentioned ,also I shall buy the marriage certificate . Thanks for your prompt response
                mel
                Send me a PM with your email address and I'll dig it out. I'm never quite sure how soon new members are allowed to PM others, so if you can't PM me, just say on the thread. But don't post your email address in the thread - that's definitely not allowed!

Christine
                Researching:
                HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

mel
                  Hi Mel,
                  I got your PM and have just emailed assorted records to you.

Christine
                  Researching:

Comment

Thank you Christine I read them with relish ! Couldn’t quite make out the name of the port were the boat was registered but I will look for an A-Z of ports for the time . Lots to keep me busy
                    best wishes mel

Comment

Thank you Christine I read them with relish ! Couldn’t quite make out the name of the port were the boat was registered but I will look for an A-Z of ports for the time . Lots to keep me busy
                      best wishes mel
                      The Admiral was registered in Banff, Aberdeenshire.
                      I've just done a bit more digging and found this re the Admiral (I love the people who put sites like this together!)

Also within this site:
                      https://www.crewlist.org.uk/data/vie...=Sail&page=274

I was struck by the fact that the ship was lost on the exact same date that George Nedd was supposed drowned. So there would have to be a newspaper report, wouldn't there? Cue more digging. It seems there were violent storms on that date

My FMP sub expired just a few days ago, so I can't view the full articles, but found these thumbnails. Click on the left sidebar to filter for articles in Nov and Dec 1893.
                      https://search.findmypast.co.uk/sear...8&o=date&d=asc
                      You can see the search terms I used, but there might be better search terms to use once someone has managed to read the articles in full. The article which mentions the master, Alexander King, looks promising.

Perhaps someone will be kind enough to attach one or more of the most detailed articles - I'm sure they would make for interesting reading!

Christine

PS I've just done a further search with search terms Alexander King and key word Banff, and can see enough in the thumbnails to see that George Nedd is recorded as Needs, married, Ipswich.
                      Researching:

Comment

The reports all look similar, with not much to report other than it is feared it is lost. maybe some later, will look in a while

I have put one here as not sure Melee will see if I put on the forum, as too new

Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

They aren't very detailed I'm afraid, Mel.

Edinburgh Evening News 28 November 1893
                          Edinburgh Evening News 28 November 1893.JPG

Aberdeen Evening Express 28 November 1893

Aberdeen Evening Express 28 November 1893.JPG
                          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

thanks every one ! Every thing fits nicely except I’ve found another family tree with George and Dora on ancestry , but George’s birth Place is listed as Worcestershire . It’s the same one as every thing else matches . The family tree belongs to a Michael keeble . Not sure if his or mine is correct , any ideas how to go forward
                            mel

Comment

Working...
                            X