Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding details of children born to two specific people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just used Freebmd to search for any children for George Frederick Green and Beatrice Greatbach using their marriage year as a starting point and have come up with the following:

.. Green - Dec 1936 6d 173
    .. Green - Mar 1940 6d 279
    .. Green - Mar 1944 6d 218

So will I have to purchase birth certificates for these people to see if they are the correct people?

Sorry, i have had to remove the names of these children as our terms and conditions don't allow naming possibly living people.
    Last edited by JudithM; 06-04-15, 16:02.

Comment

Originally posted by MrP View Post
      I have just used Freebmd to search for any children for George Frederick Green and Beatrice Greatbach using their marriage year as a starting point and have come up with the following:

So will I have to purchase birth certificates for these people to see if they are the correct people?

Sorry, i have had to remove the names of these children as our terms and conditions don't allow naming possibly living people.
      Oops, sorry, my bad.

Comment

Well with such an unusual mother's maiden name I would say they are definite especially since they are likely still alive and you can check with them if you locate them. The fact that they have middle initials will help you with any search for addresses and phone numbers if you are thinking of making contact.

Margaret
        Last edited by margaretmarch; 06-04-15, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
          Well with such an unusual mother's maiden name I would say they are definite especially since they are likely still alive and you can check with them if you locate them. The fact that they have middle initials will help you with any search for addresses and phone numbers if you are thinking of making contact.

Margaret
          Thanks, now all I need to do is find current information for them. :D

Comment

I have had a look on GenesReunited and found 2 entries for Beatrice Greatbach so you would likely find your relatives through that. Facebook is also worth a try along with the phone book.
            Margaret

Comment

Thanks, just taken a look at genesreunited and it seems the link on there is a person who has a family tree but I can't see it. It's a person with the same name as in ancestry.co.uk with a family tree that I can't see. His last name name is Grady, dunno if he is on this forum? I have sent him message on genesreunited and ancestry but no reply yet.

Comment

Thanks, just taken a look at genesreunited and it seems the link on there is a person who has a family tree but I can't see it. It's a person with the same name as in ancestry.co.uk with a family tree that I can't see. His last name name is Grady, dunno if he is on this forum? I have sent him message on genesreunited and ancestry but no reply yet.
                No, none of the trees on GenesReunited are viewable without invitation so you'll have to wait for a reply. :(

Margaret

Comment

He'll also have to have a current sub with Genes Reunited to grant you access to his tree. As it was originally a contact site, and very cheap to belong for a year, many people joined but didn't bother to continue the subscription, although their names of interest remain on the site.

Jay
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Got birth certs today for all three of the individuals I mentioned on earlier, it seems they are all brothers with, all at the same address and same parents details. Put them into my tree on ancestry and one came as died 1993 in bournemouth. Only 2 more records to try to track down.

Comment

I've decided to message people on facebook called green who are from bournemouth that look like they could have been born about 20ish+/- years from when the 'father' was born to se if they know the name. So far it is very few people.

Comment

.... Put them into my tree on ancestry and one came as died 1993 in bournemouth.
                        You could see if someone would do a look-up in the local paper for a death/obit notice. That might yield some clues.

STG
                        Last edited by SmallTownGirl; 07-04-15, 14:36.
                        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Got birth certs today for all three of the individuals I mentioned on earlier, it seems they are all brothers with, all at the same address and same parents details. Put them into my tree on ancestry and one came as died 1993 in bournemouth. Only 2 more records to try to track down.
                          I'm amazed you got the certs so quickly!

If you get the death cert for the one who died Bournemouth you will see who the informant was and this is often a relative with an address.
                          Margaret

Comment

I'm amazed you got the certs so quickly!

If you get the death cert for the one who died Bournemouth you will see who the informant was and this is often a relative with an address.
                            Margaret
                            Yeh, I paid extra to get them. I'll give Bournemouth council a call tomorrow for the death certificate.

Comment

Yeh, I paid extra to get them. I'll give Bournemouth council a call tomorrow for the death certificate.
                              It won't be the Council who have the death cert it will be the local Register Office which is a separate entity.

Margaret

Comment

It won't be the Council who have the death cert it will be the local Register Office which is a separate entity.

Margaret
                                Sorry, yes that's what I meant, been looking at census /freebmd/ancestry all day and my brain has turned to mush lol

Comment

Working...
                                X