Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lincs to the past website ? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincs to the past website ? Please help!

Hi everyone I've registered etc. and had the confirmation email, followed the instructions but still can't view any images! Any help would be gratefully received thanks

As far as I know, you don't have to "join" to see the PR images. This is one of the most fantastic free resources on the internet (if you have Lincolnshire ancestors)

However it is slightly tedious to use. Patience is required.
    On their website click the Advanced Search tab at the top. Now in the Exact Phrase line enter the following .... name of parish par 1. So for example 'Spilsby par 1'

If you get no result at this point it is because they are listing the parish with a slightly different name to the one you are typing, so try to find it in their parish list.

Click search and a list will come up of what they hold. Not all the books have been digitised, no marriages after 1837 for example. Click on the book you want to look at and then scroll through the pages. Some books are large and you need to guess which page you might need to get started. That's why patience is required!

Alternatively the images are also available on FMP. I generally use Lincstothepast first because its easier to see which books are available.
    Good luck with your search.
    Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 05-04-15, 14:03.

Comment

Hi Anne, thanks for the information, I'll give it another go! Regards jane

Comment

Working...
      X