No announcement yet.

William Pye 1871 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you so much Julie for all your help.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
      thank you so much Julie for all your help.
      it's ok.. I know how maddening it can be when you just can't spot them!
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

right, I can 100% state that William is NOT in this image set

London Poplar District 34 [for 1871 census] as per #38
        London Poplar District 36
        NO DISTRICT 37
        London Poplar District 38
        London Poplar District 39
        London Poplar District 40
        London Poplar District Workhouse [1871]
        Last edited by Darksecretz; 01-04-15, 12:53.
        Julie

Comment

Well that's one district off the list, many thanks. I tried Amelia, thinking it was perhaps a less common name, but I could find nothing in Bethnal Green either.

Do you think they may have been abducted by aliens?

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that if people were in the workhouse they could be sent to their parish of origin. I have tried all possibilities I can think of W, Wm William Bye, Dye etc. Will let you know if I ever find them.
          Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Well that's one district off the list, many thanks. I tried Amelia, thinking it was perhaps a less common name, but I could find nothing in Bethnal Green either.

Do you think they may have been abducted by aliens?

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that if people were in the workhouse they could be sent to their parish of origin. I have tried all possibilities I can think of W, Wm William Bye, Dye etc. Will let you know if I ever find them.
            when I looked at the number of districts for the 1871 cens for poplar/limehouse including the workhouse it has 41 districts. I have only looked at 2 of them, so still a possibility that he is in the area..

I tried Amelia too, and Minnie and Amy, nothing!
            Julie

Comment

Julie, I really appreciate all your help with this and it is good to have revisited the children, which has thrown up some oddities, but please stop.

William was the brother of my 2x G.Grandfather, so really it is not the end of the world. The family do not want to be found at this time, they may show their faces in years to come. Look at how long I was looking for my G.Grandfather, then one day out of the ether came a newspaper clipping which broke the code. Once again thank you and as you know if I can help you in any way I will. This summer I must make a detour on the route to S. Devon for you. x
              Bubblebelle x

Comment

Julie, I really appreciate all your help with this and it is good to have revisited the children, which has thrown up some oddities, but please stop.

William was the brother of my 2x G.Grandfather, so really it is not the end of the world. The family do not want to be found at this time, they may show their faces in years to come. Look at how long I was looking for my G.Grandfather, then one day out of the ether came a newspaper clipping which broke the code. Once again thank you and as you know if I can help you in any way I will. This summer I must make a detour on the route to S. Devon for you. x
                awww bless you

don't like leaving ends loose, but, like you say they'll rear their heads when they are ready. :smilee:
                Julie

Comment

Working...
                X