Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my family member wish to view our tree on ancestry.com--possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my family member wish to view our tree on ancestry.com--possible?

Must you have a subscription, trial or otherwise, in order to view a particular family tree. This would be for viewing only, no research.

thanks

I think the only time you can view a tree without having a subscription is if the tree owner has invited you as a "guest" and has put your name forward to be a guest.
    Vonny

Comment

Yes. Do they have an Ancestry account? You may invite anyone to your tree by Username OR by email address. They may register for free if they are not Ancestry members already. They may then view your tree. If your sub is active they might be able to view records that you've attached to your tree (but maybe not...) but they may see the events you've created in the tree, as well as the each tree member. Private persons on the tree are still "Private" unless you give permission to see the living.

You can make the guest a "contributor" - could add photos; or guest - view only; or editor - they could add people or events.
      Last edited by PhotoFamily; 28-03-15, 17:11. Reason: that sentence made no sense!

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
        Yes. Do they have an Ancestry account? You may invite anyone to your tree by Username OR by email address. They may register for free if they are not Ancestry members already. They may then view your tree. If your sub is active they might be able to view records that you've attached to your tree (but maybe not...) but they may see the events you've created in the tree, as well as the each tree member. Private persons on the tree are still "Private" unless you give permission to see the living.

You can make the guest a "contributor" - could add photos; or guest - view only; or editor - they could add people or events.
        Thanks, I'll invite them to view the tree and see what happens

Comment

Working...
        X