USA Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Records

Has anyone on here had any experience regarding finding living relatives in America.
    I've hit a brick wall regarding the family of a late Great Uncle in Pennsylvania.

Have you tried the phone book http://www.whitepages.com/white-pages/pa
    Welcome to the Forum
    Edna

Comment

Hi Edna, thanks for reply.
      I have had a look on white pages previously, I got as far as my great Uncles obituary records saying he had a children and grandchildren. He died in 2010 but no information regarding the children apart from a Victoria Martin from Clarkstown, probably her married name as her maiden name would be Shore.
      A bit of a hard one I think Edna.
      Thanks again for reply.
      A J

Comment

Welcome to FTF!

There are several pay-sites in the US that track household information. They typically list household members, and may even provide links to those members. Sometimes the teaser information is quite useful Have you googled the name? I don't know if they are suppressed to overseas searches.

It seems likely that the child you named is living? FTF does not permit the posting of the names of living persons, but you may post the details of your g'uncle

sarah

Comment

Hi
          I'm trying to trace the living relatives of my great Uncle Ernest Shore who married a Flora Urquart from Scotland and went to live in Lycoming USA, he had two sons Ernest and Earl Shore both deceased but I believe Earl at least had children. One daughter according to records was living in the Clarkstown area near Lycoming.

Ernest (senior) had four brothers in Lancashire, Arthur lived in Rochdale, Wilfred lived in Bury, Harold lived in Blackpool and there was a younger brother Herbert Shore and a sister Florence Shore (1910 ).

Comment

Originally posted by A J View Post
            Hi
            I'm trying to trace the living relatives of my great Uncle Ernest Shore who married a Flora Urquart from Scotland and went to live in Lycoming USA, he had two sons Ernest and Earl Shore both deceased but I believe Earl at least had children. One daughter according to records was living in the Clarkstown area near Lycoming.

Ernest (senior) had four brothers in Lancashire, Arthur lived in Rochdale, Wilfred lived in Bury, Harold lived in Blackpool and there was a younger brother Herbert Shore and a sister Florence Shore (1910 ).
            I assume this is where you got your info re the older Ernest Shore:
            http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=88089648&
            If not, the copy of the newspaper obituary included on the page is interesting.

Could this be the widow of your younger Ernest Shore - in which case, two children are mentioned by name plus grandchildren and great grandchildren. The obit implies a Pennsylvania connection by virtue of the fact that it was published in Pennsylvania plus interment and any charitable donations in PA.
            http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/phi...pt&pid=2667941

Christine
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Hi AJ,
              l've just reread your thread and am now confused by your ref to your great uncle Ernest Shore (the one who was married to Flora) dying in 2010. The obit on findagrave which tallies with the other info you have given says he died on 2 Jan 1944.

If you mean that his son, Ernest jnr, died in 2010, the Marie Shore obit I found can't be his widow as she died in 2004.

Please could you clarify by giving any dates/years of birth and deaths you know of?

Thanks,
              Christine
              Researching:
              HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Ernest Shore

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                Hi AJ,
                l've just reread your thread and am now confused by your ref to your great uncle Ernest Shore (the one who was married to Flora) dying in 2010. The obit on findagrave which tallies with the other info you have given says he died on 2 Jan 1944.

If you mean that his son, Ernest jnr, died in 2010, the Marie Shore obit I found can't be his widow as she died in 2004.

Please could you clarify by giving any dates/years of birth and deaths you know of?

Thanks,
                Christine
                Hi Christine thanks for reply.
                Sorry It's probably me confusing things, Ernest senior that is Ernest H Shore was married to Flora from Scotland he died in 1944.he had two sons Ernest A Shore and Earl F shore.
                Ernest (junior) A Shore was born in Scotland in 1921 where Ernest (Senior) H Shore married Flora (nee Urquart) Shore before moving to the USA where Earl F Shore was born in 1924.
                I think Ernest (junior) A Shore died in 2010 and his brother Earl F Shore died in 1999. Their mother Flora died in 1979.
                Flora's younger brother went with them from Scotland to Lycoming, he was Allen Urquart , he died in 1973.
                There is mention of children from Earl or Ernest that should be around today that I would love to find.
                Thanks again Christine for your help.
                Kind Regards
                A J.

Comment

Working...
                X