Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reginald c fitzjohn side of family research

Morning everyone,

Can anyone help me trace further back than my Grandad Reginald C Fitzjohn, below is link to his birth record on ancestry, the actual DOB was 1st jan 1923. I have hit a wall trying to find his parents, i think it's because his surname was Fitz John on records. the only other info I have is his marriage and death.

Have you purchased a copy of the birth certificate (£9.25 from GRO) ?

There is an Alfred Fitzjohn who married a Winifred Evans ( the maiden name shown on your birth index entry) in Hendon in 1915, which isn't far from Willesden - the birth certificate of Reginald should confirm if they are the right parents or not.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Only the birth certificate will confirm parents but Alfred Thomas Charles Fitzjohn and Winifred Fitzjohn; probably the couple from the above marriage, were in Willesden at 36 Wakeman Road, Kendal Rise on the 1928 electoral roll.
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

There are some family trees on ancestry which he appears to be on too.
        :D Charney Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Wheatley View Post
          Morning everyone,

Can anyone help me trace further back than my Grandad Reginald C Fitzjohn, below is link to his birth record on ancestry, the actual DOB was 1st jan 1923. I have hit a wall trying to find his parents, i think it's because his surname was Fitz John on records. the only other info I have is his marriage and death.

http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/pt/ViewR...32768&pgpl=pid
          could you state who his father was from the marriage cert please and also who the witness' were this would help to narrow him down
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I'd just noticed that you said you have Reginald's marriage cert. Does his father's name tally with Alfred who married Winifred Evans?
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
              I'd just noticed that you said you have Reginald's marriage cert. Does his father's name tally with Alfred who married Winifred Evans?
              Hi Judith, thanks for your reply. I dint have a copy of the marriage certificate. Just found marriage details via research and confirmation from my patents. I believe Alfred t c and Winifred May be the parents but kept doubting myself as had no concrete evidence.

Regards
              Phil Wheatley

Comment

Hi jo, thanks for your reply. I have seen trees in ancestry but no parents, have you seen different? If so what are the names of the trees please

Regards
                Phil Wheatley

Comment

Hi Antony, thanks for your reply. U have found this marriage but wasn't sure. Can't find birth if children earlier than my grandad which I thought was odd as birth normally one year after marriage. May need to go down getting copies of certificates.

Regards
                  Phil Wheatley

Comment

I have found a possible birth of a daughter in 1921. I can't post the details here as I have found a possible marriage but no death as yet for either of them. Unfortunately I have to dash now.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                    X