No announcement yet.

Could you resist this offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, Guy doesn't put ME to shame! I can think of millions of more deserving charity cases than this man - children starving to death for instance, or dying from lack of clean water.

Be that as it may, why encourage this man to do something he is no good at? If he needs an income,(which he will of course declare to the authorities) my lawn and hedge need cutting and so do those of my equally elderly neighbours .And my upstairs windows need cleaning too. Still, that's all a bit too much like hard work if you can sit on your backside instead and pretend you are a researcher.

OC

Comment

He doesn't put me to shame either ,how on earth can he offer to do research for anybody surely that would be fraud ? if you saw his tree you would see that he just adds bits he thinks are his.

And to add I would rather give my money to animal charities which is what we do, that gives me great pleasure.
      Last edited by Guest; 28-12-14, 13:10.

Comment

I didn't mean the bit about treating him like a charity. I rather thought the p.s. might have been Guy doing a bit of tongue in check.
        I was thinking more about Guy always being so generous with his research, despite not everyone being thoughtful with how they approach you.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Wasn't having a go at you Chrissie ,just surprised at Guys remarks, I often help people on the forum and privately am pleased to do so but not somebody who does not reply for 2 years then wants payment ?

Comment

In fact, the Christmas spirit of giving is nowhere more apparent than on this site, where people help each other and not a penny changes hands. Even the professional researchers on this site give of their time and expertise for nothing.

OC

Comment

Very true OC some have even gone to the relevant offices and got stuff for me,and when I tried to pay they refused, even their bus fares.

Comment

Yeah but OC has a bus pass now surely?
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

long time no see Glen, dont know if OC has a bus pass or not.

Comment

Oooh, Glen, was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are! You cheeky tyke.

OC

Comment

Up and down the country in big car transporters again and waving my dongle about at night (all in the name of internet connections you understand).

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                        Oooh, Glen, was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are! You cheeky tyke.

OC
                        OC - shame on you! (Unless Glen is a Yorkshireman?:D)

Jay
                        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Jay

Glen needs keeping in check. He suggested that I have a bus pass, how dare he.

It is true that I travel free of charge on the buses, but that is to do with my local importance, not my AGE!

OC
                          Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 29-12-14, 20:19. Reason: sp

Comment

I believe you missed the word "historic" after local there OC.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Glen and OC........what are you two like......the banter has given me a good old giggle;)
                              Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                Jay

Glen needs keeping in check. He suggested that I have a bus pass, how dare he.

It is true that I travel free of charge on the buses, but that is to do with my local importance, not my AGE!

OC
                                OC, I agree Glen needs keeping in check :D, but Tyke is the word used to describe a person born in Yorkshire, NOT someone who needs keeping in check
                                To a Yorkshire person, calling someone NOT born in our county a tyke, is the equivalent of using the name of the river running through Cardiff to describe a person from Wales

Jay
                                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Jay

Well I never knew that! (And I do have some Yorkshire ancestors).

OC

Comment

I'm a yellowbelly but a confused one at that. Ancestors and relatives from Yorkshire, Lancashire and Birmingham but still no idea which county my furthest generation came from. The chap was an apothecary and surgeon, my feeling is he was really Dr Who.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
                                      but still no idea which county my furthest generation came from. The chap was an apothecary and surgeon, my feeling is he was really Dr Who.
                                      Well in your case then Glen it appears he really IS Dr WHO?:D
                                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                                        Well in your case then Glen it appears he really IS Dr WHO?:D
                                        Yep, seems my only hope is to ask the assistance of someone who might have been around at the time.....................OC, where are you?

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                                        X