Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry offer!

Had an e mail this afternoon from Ancestry
    with an offer of Ancestry premium for 40%discount. Valid until end of the month. Makes the annual subs £69.99. Been waiting for something like this!

Lesley.

I received a half-off offer from FMP

For the best value, choose our 12 month World subscription, giving you unlimited access to all of our records for just £64.75 (usually £129.50). Your discount will be applied automatically when you click the button above, but should you have any trouble simply type the code SANTA14 into the promotional code box at the bottom of the payment page and click 'apply'.

Comment

I think the Ancestry offer with 40% discount is only for new members - but someone I know has just phoned Ancestry and complained that the offer is not available for current subscribers . She was told if she pays now then she can have an annual extension to her existing sub - with the 40% discount applied.
      Worth a phone call if your current subscription is about to run out.

The 50% offer from FMP can be used to extend a current subscription - just go to your account and subscribe for a further year (applying discount code) and it will tack on the end of your current sub. It also works if you currently have a World sub.
      Elaine

Comment

My subs run out about 6 months ago. I did phone them though and was able to get the 40% discount with no problem at all! It is a freefone number so nothing to lose there.

Lesley

Comment

Just renewed lapsed Anc'y subs via 40% disc offer.

Can someone please remind me how to cancel automatic renewal.
          Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

I may be wrong LL but I don't think you can on Ancestry. I think you have to cancel in good time before your subscription runs out.
            p.s. It's only a free phone call to do it though.
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 27-12-14, 11:06.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thanks Chrissie ... just read the small print

Your membership will automatically renew at the end of each 12-month period and at that time your chosen method of payment will be charged £119.99 for Premium, unless you are notified otherwise. If you don’t want to renew, cancel at least 2 days before your renewal date by visiting the My Account section or by calling 0800 404 9723.

Better make a note in diary!
              Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 27-12-14, 11:27.
              Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

You can cancel your subscription by clicking on your name -top left hand corner next to help and selecting My Account - the option for cancelling is bottom LHS.

edit: You can cancel it now and , for example, mine won't take effect until next November 2015 - then you won't forget to do it!
                Last edited by Katarzyna; 27-12-14, 11:28.
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Punchs mum View Post
                  My subs run out about 6 months ago. I did phone them though and was able to get the 40% discount with no problem at all! It is a freefone number so nothing to lose there.

Lesley
                  I'd like to give this a go too (my sub expires on 1 Mar), but don't quite know what to say when I get through to Ancestry. What were the magic words you used, Lesley, please?

STG
                  Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Reading these posts I thought I would give this a try. I have been an 'Essentials' member of Ancestry coming up to 10 years on 31st March 2015 when my subs run out.
                    I phoned and asked how much it would be for a 'Worldwide' subscription. The price quoted was £179.99 less a discount which would bring it down to £125.99 plus I would get 13 months not 12. I would also get a refund of the remaining balance of my 'Essential' subscription of £25.66.
                    So for £103.33 I now have a 13 month 'Worldwide' subscription which can't be bad, thanks to the post by 'Punchs mum'

Ian

Comment

Would you recommend membership to someone just starting to research their ancestors?

Comment

If I were starting all over again I would go for the Premium package if the majority of your relatives are in the UK.

Parish records 1538-1980
                        Crucial military records
                        Census, birth, marriage & death records
                        Plus all our other UK records! which includes immigration & Irish records

If you get stuck on anything there are lots of great people on here to help you out.
                        Last edited by Katarzyna; 31-12-14, 11:41.
                        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I decided to go for an an annual Ancestry sub instead of pay monthly and upgraded on 23rd Dec, paying £155 for Annual World; this over a year works out the same as I would have paid for UK & Ireland monthly. Checked my email Christmas Eve and had an offer from Ancestry for £125 for World; I was somewhat annoyed (deliberate understatement, I used the b....... word!).

I emailed them and complained and was basically told tough luck. They said that they give out offers all the time and I signed up in between offers. Checking back over my emails (yes, I do keep ALL my emails except unsolicited spam) I haven't had a discount offer for World over 3 years, but they still won't budge.

I got annoyed with FMP when they totally screwed up the site upgrade, but they have been exemplary in their customer service, have always been happy to give discounts when there have been problems and do give regular discount offers. Ancestry have just gone down enormously in my estimation and I probably won't renew next year, especially if FMP keep improving they way they have over the past 2-3 months.
                          Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
                          Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
                          Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
                          Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
                          Devine in Ireland

Comment

Thats infuriating Pete ,silly question but I wonder if they will refund you,as you have only used it for a few days really, I would ask

Comment

Working...
                            X