Irish Birth and Marriage certficates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Birth and Marriage certficates

can anyone recommend a site to order a birth and marriage certficate for Cork, Ireland. Ive just looked at a few and they want anything from 30 to 40 euro for each one.

thanks
    jean

It's 20 euros from the GRO ..
    Elaine

Comment

This thread may help - do you need a certified cert (!) or just a copy?

Comment

And maybe this thread?

And FamilySearch does have a few Birth & Marriage records, 1864 - 187x. These are not just the Civil Reg Index (they have that, too, for more years), but the actual records for those years. You can tell it's the complete record by how much information is on it (the actual date, names of all parties, etc). If you find it, you can request it from them with their free scan service

Comment

Have you checked that the record you want isn't amongst what's available on Ancestry, now?

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

hi, thanks for your replies. I will take a look at those.

Christine, the marriage certificate details for one I want is on Ancestry but I want to send for the original copy plus a birth certificate. Im sure I saw somewhere that the Irish Certificates were £13.00.

jean

Comment

Originally posted by jean banaszak View Post
              hi, thanks for your replies. I will take a look at those.

Christine, the marriage certificate details for one I want is on Ancestry but I want to send for the original copy plus a birth certificate. Im sure I saw somewhere that the Irish Certificates were £13.00.

jean
              The ones from NI were £14 at one point but now you can see the images on line for £2 so that's what I'll be doing in future.
              Margaret

Comment

where can you see the images online please?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  where can you see the images online please?
                  It's only possible to see them for Northern Ireland at present, on the GRONI site. However I understand that GRO Roscommon is planning something similar for the Republic of Ireland in the not too distant future. NI records are on:

Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

thanks Elwyn I dont know what places Northern Ireland covers ?

Comment

thanks Elwyn I dont know what places Northern Ireland covers ?
                      Have a look here http://www.familytreeforum.com/conte...rthern-Ireland Val - 7 counties in NI.
                      Margaret
                      Last edited by margaretmarch; 22-04-14, 21:08.

Comment

Thanks Margaret none of mine then, hope they will come soon

Comment

Thanks Margaret none of mine then, hope they will come soon
                          I'm lucky, mine are from Antrim and possibly Down so will be able to fill in some blanks!
                          Margaret

Comment

Mine are in Cork and Dublin have already sent for a few on the Ireland site but they were wrong so am hoping they can be narrowed down more on that one .

Comment

Working...
                            X