Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kirsty,

Welcome to Family Tree Forum.

You have asked this question at exactly the right time (more or less because I haven't sorted the information out myself yet).

Two days ago someone contacted me saying that Esther Forster was the mother of George Forster:

"Esther Forster, bap. 20 Nov 1743, Chelford, Cheshire, buried 11 Jul 1793 in Astbury. Father Joseph Forster, bap. 17 Jan 1717 in Goostrey cum Barnshaw. His father was Thomas Forster, bap. 17 Dec 1687 in Goostrey (father Thomas). Esther's grave inscription has the names of her parents - Joseph & Sarah. Family search shows clearly that she had 3 children: Joseph - bap. 15 May 1757 in Goostrey. Isaac, bap. 20 Jul 1760 in Goostrey. Rebecca - bap. 28 Aug 1763 in Chelford (where she was christened). Her children are listed under her christening, 1st child when she was 14. No father mentioned. 3 children, no husband, in those days , must have been the talk of the town! I am sure that this is correct"

I have not had time (2 days) to verify any of this information but will do so in a few days (I hope) and post on here again. I have George Forster's marriage certificate to Jane Bebbington - they married in Prestbury St. Peter's Church on 6 July 1816. Both were living/working in Odd Rode which, I think, comes under Astbury. George died on 6 April 1825 - I have his burial entry. He was born 13 May 1792 in Over, Tarporley.

Meanwhile treat the info cautiously and I will try and confirm asap.

Sue
    Last edited by Sue1; 02-02-15, 10:36.

Comment

Hi again Kirsty,

Haven't confirmed anything as yet and Mary Robinson is not someone I have heard of so far.
      I will PM you.

Sue

Comment

Working...
      X