No announcement yet.

running out of ideas :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the Mary from the 1841 census is the correct one, as a Mary Holmes aged 28, daughter of John Holmes, labourer, married Thomas Orgill in Smisby on 17 May 1842.

Young Joseph Holmes is still in Smisby with his grandfather John in 1851. John was born c1792, Worthington, so is possibly related to Joseph Sr - a brother perhaps?

I did wonder whether the correct informant was Ann Holmes - wife of Samuel - and it had been wrongly recorded as Mary (she made her mark rather than signed), but.......

Samuel & Ann's son - also named Joseph - married Mary Halfpenny at Lount on 28 Aug 1854. They baptised a son, John, at Breedon on 28 Feb 1857 giving an abode of Lount, so they were certainly in the right place at around the right time for Mary (Halfpenny) to have been the informant. A daughter, Ann, was baptised in Worthington in 1860. By 1861 they appear to be in Ravenstone, Derbyshire.
    Last edited by teasie; 08-03-22, 23:22.

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post
      I don't think the Mary from the 1841 census is the correct one, as a Mary Holmes aged 28, daughter of John Holmes, labourer, married Thomas Orgill in Smisby on 17 May 1842.

Young Joseph Holmes is still in Smisby with his grandfather John in 1851. John was born c1792, Worthington, so is possibly related to Joseph Sr - a brother perhaps?

I did wonder whether the correct informant was Ann Holmes - wife of Samuel - and it had been wrongly recorded as Mary (she made her mark rather than signed), but.......

Samuel & Ann's son - also named Joseph - married Mary Halfpenny at Lount on 28 Aug 1854. They baptised a son, John, at Breedon on 28 Feb 1857 giving an abode of Lount, so they were certainly in the right place at around the right time for Mary (Halfpenny) to have been the informant. A daughter, Ann, was baptised in Worthington in 1860. By 1861 they appear to be in Ravenstone, Derbyshire.
      Thank you teasie you have managed to organise what I was trying to say. It makes sense what you have arrived at too.. [not that it wouldn't] I just mean it clarifies events better.
      Hopefully I can not get too confused today and try and make more sense of it all.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
      X