2 Annies - opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mavis by the Moor View Post
    The John & Susannah's Annie was born either 1886 or 1892, depending which one died! Story is this whole family (ie Claspers/Burns) never moved far from Newcastle area.
    Suspect that even if she was born Mary as she was married Annie and always called Annie, she probably died as Annie.
    Are you sure??

In 1901 their Annie is aged 4 which would tie in with the birth reg I found.

Are these not all conected entries?:

Births Q2 1886
    CLASPER Annie Gateshead 10a 945 (I think you have this cert)

Deaths Mar 1890
    Clasper Annie 4 Newcastle T. 10b 73 (death of the above?)

and

Births Q4 1892
    Clasper Annie Gateshead 10a 882 (think you have this one too)

Deaths Dec 1892
    Clasper Annie 0 Gateshead 10a 484 (death in the same Q??)

followed by the one who lived:

Births Q3 1896
    Clasper Annie S. Shields 10a 855

Maybe she thought she was older if she found her sister's birth cert in the drawer at home??!!!!

Comment

Oh Merry!!!! I missed the first death and the last birth, mind you I've been working on her age from her marriage cert. which explains missing the 3rd birth, don't even know she is John & Susannah's, only know her marriage cert. details - married Gateshead, father John, occupation Coal miner (shifter). And i knocked the file on the floor last thing last night and all the papers came out!!
      Thanks for all your help, think I'm going to have to put this one on the back burner, it's my 9 yr old nephew's tree, and having got some more photos for his book, I wanted to add a "Where my Ancestors came from" page, and his father's side the Burn/Clasper bunch are a bit thin on the ground, but he's going to have to put up with a dot in the Newcastle area for all of them, (compared with a couple of dozen dots spread over England for his mother's side!).
      Must get back to in-laws side as a family Xmas pressie.
      Thanks again.
      Mavis
      Dust is a noun, never a verb;)

Comment

Update: Have found out that she died 1975 in the spring, which looks like she's the Q3 1896 birth.
        So why did she say she was 20 in 1913 when she got married?
        Because her husband was 22, because she thought she was and found out later when her birth year was?, she got married in the parish church, did they think the vicar would say she was too young?
        I suppose I've got to order that birth cert now, see if she has the same parents as the other 2, if so, fancy giving the daughters the same name until one of them survived!!
        Mavis

Comment

Let's hope the birth cert has the exact same dob!!

Comment

I'm almost afraid to order it!

If she's the most likely Annie Clasper on 1901 census RG13/4702/50/20

Then she might not be the daughter of John & Susannah, as she's the 'step daughter' of Matt & Jane.
            More likely she is the daughter of John & Susannah and they've all gone missing as I can't find an obvious John & Susannah in 1901.
            Mavis

Comment

I've already posted John Susanna and little Annie somewhere on this thread for 1901!! (I'll have a look)

Who are Matt and Jane??!

Comment

This is the one I thought she was!

RG13; Piece: 4756; Folio: 111; Page: 22

Comment

Ah a mistranscription!!!
                  Sorry Merry, forgot you'd found them in 1901.
                  Well it's all on the birth cert now, probably after Xmas I asume.
                  Mavis

Comment

The postman will wonder what you're up to, swigging brandy first thing in the morning when he brings you the dreaded envelope!! lol

Comment

Unfortunately, or probably fortunately, my post comes long after I've left for work. But at least it means when I get a cert. I can go straight onto the computer.
                      Watch out for update, when it arrives.
                      Thanks again for your input.
                      Last edited by Mavis by the Moor; 15-12-07, 19:48.
                      Mavis

Comment

Birth Cert arrived, GRO are getting efficient, dob ties in with 1975 death, and yes it's the same parents John & Susannah (nee McKenna), determined to have an Annie in the family weren't they!
                        So the mistranscribed 'Clasters' you found on 1901 Merry are them. Off now to get rid of the wrong Annies and start on Susannah McKenna, think I have her birth, Sep qtr 1858.
                        Mavis

Comment

Oooh, that's good!

But you don't really want Mc's in your tree :( Only because they can be very difficult to search for online.)

Mc?
                          Mac?
                          McK?
                          Mc K?
                          MacK?
                          Mac K?

nightmare!! lol

Comment

Thanks for that note of encouragement Merry, have a great Christmas!!!:D
                            Mavis

Comment

lol!!

You too, Mavis!

Comment

Working...
                              X