Clear All

• Elaine
    replied
    Glad it all helped
    Last edited by Elaine; 16-04-13, 20:14.

Leave a comment:

• Janet in Yorkshire
    replied
    Thanks for looking, Elaine. I've had no joy with either Canada or US census, but the main thing is I now know that he grew up and married. Vera's find suggests why I can't find him in UK census 1861 and after. He and his siblings are only twigs on my tree - it was just that I'd been able to follow through the lives of his 3 siblings, but had nothing for Dennis. The results of this thread have given me new information about him, which has been a great help.

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied
    Not doing too well looking in Canada

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied
    Main page is here

and then you can search the parish you want from the list just in case it helps further

Leave a comment:

• Janet in Yorkshire
    replied
    Thank you, Elaine

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied
    Marriage certificate is here

Baptism Dennis

Sarah

England, Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
    Name: Sarah Spurn
    Christening Date: 27 Dec 1824
    Christening Place: Scarning, Norfolk, England
    Father's Name: James Spurn
    Mother's Name: Elizabeth
    Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I02230-2
    System Origin: England-EASy
    GS Film number: 1278924
    Reference ID: item 3 p 2
    Last edited by Elaine; 16-04-13, 19:17.

Leave a comment:

• Janet in Yorkshire
    replied
    Thanks, Moggie

Leave a comment:

• maudarby
    replied
    I think this is Sarah in 1841

Moggie

Leave a comment:

• Janet in Yorkshire
    replied
    Oh, Vera, thank you for that. That would explain why I couldn't find the couple from the 1853 marriage in 1861 census. I reckon between you, you and Moggie have joined up all the dots for me. Dennis Reeves were in short supply - the one you've found was born c1828. The marriage Moggie supplied was for Dennis, son of Paul, and also there's a link with Nottinghamshire where Dennis's younger brother was by 1861. Looks very likely, don't you think? I just couldn't solve this one on my own, I'd got too fixated on just looking within the box, so thanks again to both of you. ......Jay

Leave a comment:

• Janet in Yorkshire
    replied
    Annesley Ntt - would that be Nottinghamshire? My Dennis had a brother called John, who went to Nottinghamshire...... ETA - I've just looked out my notes on John Reeve and he lived in Annesley Notts 1881 - 1901. So well done, Moggie, I reckon you've found the missing link in the chain and I'm very grateful.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Jay

Dennis Reeve
    Arrival 5th October 1857

birth date about 1828

Male, English

Departed Liverpool, England

Destination Canada West

Port of Arrival New York

Ship Name Robert Kelly

Dennis Reeve 29 m Farmer Canada West

Sarah Reeve 26 f Wife Canada West

Have had a quick look in NY and Canada. Will take another one.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• Janet in Yorkshire
    replied
    Oh thank you, Moggie - that could be my Dennis as his father was named Paul.;D I saw that marriage in the GRO index, but couldn't find the couple on 1861, so didn't try to follow it up by combing through all possible resources. :(

Leave a comment:

• maudarby
    replied
    Is this him getting married.
    Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

Moggie

Leave a comment:

• Janet in Yorkshire
    replied
    Vera, I only have a basic Ancestry sub, so I can't open the link. Would you be kind enough to tell me what sort of record it is and the date please, and the gist of what it's about? (I have census references for a Dennis with a wife called Sarah - not mine - and also two marriage index entries which I haven't yet been able to trace for confirmation or elimination purposes.) Hopefully what you've found will tie in with one of these Dennis Reeve strands....... Jay

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    This is the only thing I can find Janet. He is a Farmer travelling with wife Sarah but little else recorded

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...b=nypl&indiv=1

Vera

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Reeve - was he vapourised??

Can anyone spot Dennis Reeve born 1829 in Horningtoft, Norfolk after 1841, when he was recorded in the parental home at Horningtoft? (Not to be confused with an older relative Dennis Reeve, born Colkirk Norfolk c1802, nor with the father & son Dennis Reeves, who lived in Shoreditch 1851 and after.) Thanks for looking .....................Jay
Working...
X