No announcement yet.

Graves found..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the library couldn't help me so I am going back to Stockton Registry Office to fill in a form for the certificate in a few days- unless my contact who is searching for the ancestry of all people born in Stockton can help me.

He's the one who gave me the baptism images of the 4 Phillips born in 1840-50 (Little Jonny's Grandfather & siblings) and has helped me with soo much more.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Can I post John's birth cert on here?

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
        Can I post John's birth cert on here?
        Yes you can.

.. and before any one queries that, we have relaxed our stance on this having considered the content of the following link

- but to everyone, please remember NO LIVING PEOPLE - or else we will delete without hesitation! :D
        Elaine

Comment

Brilliant..

JOHN PHILLIPS.jpg

This should be a bigger version
          Last edited by lennon2011; 12-04-13, 13:02.

Comment

hooray you were totally right
            Angelina

Comment

I know, I'm buzzing about it.. :D

Comment

hate it when you order from local offices and you get a copy that is typed or in modern pen. if i wanted that i could order from the GRO!

Comment

To be honest Kyle I don't care, I have proof and that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                    hate it when you order from local offices and you get a copy that is typed or in modern pen. if i wanted that i could order from the GRO!
                    Not all the local offices have the equipment to create photo-copy certs without damaging the original registers. This is true of Sandwell (W Midlands), but they were very kind and helpful when I explained that I wanted to see the signatures on my grandparents' wedding register entry in order to compare my grandfather's signature at his marriage with an application in the USA for a social security number, 25 years later: they had been able to copy the part of the page which included the signatures, and attached a little rectangle of paper with just the signatures!

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                    X