Ancestry changes again. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry changes again. help!

Hi all. Ancestry seems to have changed again.
    A new member connect. Im not sure how to work this.

There used to be a section about half way down the page, which showed
    what other members had been doing and if they had added something of your
    tree to their own.

This was helpful, because you could look at their tree and see how they fitted in,
    and then contact if wished.

This section seems to have gone, does anybody know why or if I can get it back again.

Thanks

Glenda

Look for the link to "customize your homepage" , should be at the top right of the Ancestry screen....which will allow you to add/remove various elements , including Member Connect information.
    Last edited by AntonyM; 26-03-13, 10:06.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Hi Glenda,
      I had the same "Problem" for the past couple of days. Tried looking at the "Customize your homepage" but no help there.
      Went to Ancestry this morning & it has returned to normal showing Recent Member Connect Activity, with 2 members saving
      records to thier trees. Nothing apears to have changed. It may just be a case of waiting.
      Matt
      My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

This has been missing for about a week with the exception of one day.
        That is my recent experience anyway.

dreen22

This was helpful, because you could look at their tree and see how they fitted in,
        and then contact if wished.

This section seems to have gone, does anybody know why or if I can get it back again.

Thanks

Glenda[/QUOTE]

Comment

Thanks Matt. I looked this am and I have one recent connect showing. Perhaps they were "Fixing" it again.

Comment

The member connect was missing for me on a few occasions last week but there was a blurb to the effect that this was due to high levels of ancestry usage so perhaps it was just a temporary measure to ensure that the whole site didn't stall?
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Last week all my messages disappeared, but they are back now.

Today my Member Connect is not working properly; I get the member connect box, but instead of recent activity there is this message:-

"Build your Member Connect network

Millions of people are discovering their family stories on Ancestry.co.uk. Member Connect will help you stay in touch with other members who also happen to be researching your ancestors. You'll be able to contact them, share research and be notified when they add new content about your ancestors to their family trees."

There is a link that takes me to another page with step by step instructions on how to build a member connect network, including uploading and sharing my tree, just as if I was a new user.
              Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
              Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
              Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
              Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
              Devine in Ireland

Comment

They had a link to contact them on what you thought of the new member connect. I sent my disapproval and, it seems to me, so did many others as it returned to normal soon after.

Comment

The member connect was missing for me on a few occasions last week but there was a blurb to the effect that this was due to high levels of ancestry usage so perhaps it was just a temporary measure to ensure that the whole site didn't stall?
                  Ditto to that. It looks like they're working on it, and changes may be coming.

Comment

Working...
                  X