Is there an 1871 census for America?
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
        Is there an 1871 census for America?
        No, but there is a 1870 census.
        Jay

Comment

Thanks Jay I've got world wide but no idea how to find it?

Comment

Here Chrissie

Ancestry.com – Search the complete set of 1870 United States Federal Census indexes and original images online today
            Jay

Comment

Thank you again Jay Off to check.

Comment

I can't find them. There are too many possible Williams to look at them all but no Roseanna/Rosina/Rosena with husband William.

Comment

do you have birth certs for any of william and rosina's children? this would give a maiden name.

Comment

Nup I don't have the birth certs. I'm off to Stockton Library to see if they can possibly help me.
                    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

So I didn't make it to the library, however I'm searching Tees Valley indexes for Rosanna's death- no luck. R Phillips still won't bring anything either. I know we don't have a year range which is why I'm doing 1920+10 and so forth.

Actually scrap that. Could this be it?!

Rosanna.jpg
                      Last edited by lennon2011; 08-03-13, 11:44. Reason: Added more info..

Comment

According to freeBMD - that one relates to

Rosena Phillips - age at death 81
                        Stockton 10a 76

so age-wise that fits!
                        Elaine

Comment

I've also found it on Ancestry as well, age wise it also matches my Phillips, if it wasn't under 10 then it was over 80, sometimes 90.

Comment

i think you need a birth cert to confirm some of this. it also looks like you need to read up on the coverage for the tees valley site. you have 3 matches there, none after 1927, so they may not be online yet. also 'phillips' can be spelled many ways.

Comment

I'm looking at the 1911 census again and there's 9 children born but only 3 lived- explains the gap with 41 years of marraige. I'm not sure why but there's a line through William's 41,9,3,6 info. William is 62 and Rosena is 64. So at least that gives us an estimate on the marraige.

Comment

Could they have go married in America do you think? Or do you think the oldest child was born out of wedlock, or while mother was in America for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                                  that first marriage has

PHILLIPS, William
                                  INGRHAM, John

SWINBURNE, Anne
                                  TEBBS, Rose

1881 will be a good one to see looking at how many William Phillips there are
                                  I got the hint for this one saying 1869 and i've been wondering if it might be her? Rose Anna Tebbs? But it got combined into Rosanna/ Rosena by accident?

Comment

I kept thinking through the same combinations as Chrissie and still come back to this 1869 marriage, but can't match them up in America
                                    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                                    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Maybe they didn't marry at all. The same thing happened to the parents of William's Neice-in-law.

Comment

Have found some more info matching up a marriage for Swinburne to Ingrham so a definite Phillips marriage to a Rose

Would you believe Ann was from Yarm when I looked:D
                                        Last edited by Elaine; 08-03-13, 19:55.
                                        Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                                        http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Really? My female Phillips as I'm now going to call her since we don't know if it is her name changes her location. I've found Elizabeth on Stockton Roots and I've sent of an email to see if it is her by asking if the mother was Rosanna/Rosena blank with William Phillips as Father. Its a good job I have a fair few emails to use as they'd run away if they see my Lennon one again.

Comment

Working...
                                          X