Scotlands People search, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotlands People search, anyone?

Is it possible for someone to do a very quick Scotlands People search please? We all know that my great Nanna Cecilia Lennon had 5 other siblings and yesterday I visited my Dad's sister J who gave me a little more information.

I knew that Cecilia had another child before Granddad H, his name was Edward (deceased) after her brother. Now Edward was adopted by her sister Sarah and her husband H Reid. So that accounts for 3 children. I was wondering if someone could quickly have a look at the 2 births that I've got on the free search of Scotlands People?

It should be Sarah Lennon 1900-1950 and the mother named Mary.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

I can't help you Lennon as I am low on credits, but just to let you know that links to Scotlands People don't work very well!
    You will need to give more information, e.g. parish/county of birth for someone to find the right one.
    Elaine

Comment

Clicking on your link brought up a table of search results, including 34 births. I don't mind spending a credit or two if you can be precise.
      People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
      Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Hmm mine had 2 matches. Sorry I got confused guys. Cecilia was born in 1922, Bellshill, Scotland and Mary (Mother) was born in Bellshill, Lanarkshire, April 4th 1895. I would assume that all of the children might have been born in the same place.

Afterall the Lennon's do seem to stay in one location for a couple o generations before moving about.

Comment

Are we looking for cecilia's children or cecilia's siblings ?, I have a few spare credits and am willing to look

Comment

Cecilia's siblings, I added her birth details to give a year index etc.

Comment

you know there is another cecilia lennon - b 1917, could that be a deceased sibling - sorry probably not, she died in 1932 age 14. I have 24 results on for births at scotlands people from 1915 (mary age 20) to 1935, what was mum's surname ?
              Last edited by chrisj1961; 05-03-13, 20:01. Reason: info

Comment

Lennon. There's no note fo a father at all, Cecilia doesn't have one and Edward (brother) was a Lennon and my Aunt said that Sarah was a Lennon aswell. It certainly seems to run in the family lol.

Comment

I'm a bit confused about who is who Lennon, but going from the names you have given, born in Bellshill , from 1890 to 1933 -

Edward Lennon - 1906 and 1912
                  Sarah Lennon - 1893 and 1914
                  Cecilia Lennon - 1899 , 1917 and 1922
                  Mary Lennon - 1895, 1929 and 1932
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Mum Mary Lennon was born in 1895, Daughter Cecilia Lennon was born in 1922 and I would assume that the other children were in that time frame aswell. So that makes Mary 27 when Cecilia was born so I'd give it a timeframe between 1920-1935 to be safe.

Cecilia's first son Edward was named after his uncle and his Aunt Sarah adopted him as Cecilia was to young. I know that part of the history and it's given us the names 3 out of 6 children that Mary had. I oonly know that Mary had 6 children due to a company called Scotsfamily. I've gone back through my emails and this is what they were able to tell me without payment:

We have researched further in the original Scottish records and can locate the following

* birth and death certificates of the 2 un-named children of Edward and Sarah FOUND
                    * birth certificates (6) of children of Cecilia MARY'S SISTER!!!!
                    * birth certificates (6) of children of Mary WE HAVE ONE!!!

Comment

Mary could have been having children from about 1911, when she was 16. How you would know which they are without paying to view each one though I have no idea. There are 24 Lennon births, just in Bellshill, from 1910 to 1933.
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                      X