Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AntonyM
    replied
    A fellow genealogist confirmed about a month ago that the photocopies are still available , although I haven't ordered one personally for a while. You do have to order by post/fax though.

There was a lot of moaning/discussion amongst genealogists when they doubled the normal certificate price up to €20. Coincidently they did it just as FMP made the Irish BMDindexes available ....a bit cynical, or an attempt to reduce their huge budget deficit ?

Leave a comment:

• Elaine ..Spain
    replied
    Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post

Antony, re the 4€ photocopy of the register entry - is that still available? I thought I read somewhere it was being discontinued.
    Ignore that, I see it is still mentioned on the application form!

Leave a comment:

• Elaine ..Spain
    replied
    Was just about to say the same about the 44€ certificate!! Another rip off website!

Antony, re the 4€ photocopy of the register entry - is that still available? I thought I read somewhere it was being discontinued.

Leave a comment:

• AntonyM
    replied
    Originally posted by webwiz View Post
    Possible birth:
    Mary Josephine Healy
    Registered Quarter/Year:Apr - Jun 1913
    Registration District: Dublin North
    Volume:2 Page:477

You probably need to buy the birth cert using this reference at http://www.birthsdeathsmarriages.ie/ but it is a big investment on a gamble. The Irish government seem to have decided to price family researchers out. Those with Scottish ancestors are the luckiest.
    That site are quoting €44 for a certificate !!

Go to the official Irish GRO site - http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

They now charge €20 for a full certificate, BUT you can also order a photocopy of the register entry (which contains exactly the same information , it just isn't valid as a legal certificate) for only €4 .
    Last edited by AntonyM; 03-03-13, 13:00.

Leave a comment:

• webwiz
    replied
    Possible birth:
    Mary Josephine Healy
    Registered Quarter/Year:Apr - Jun 1913
    Registration District: Dublin North
    Volume:2 Page:477

You probably need to buy the birth cert using this reference at (deleted - see below) but it is a big investment on a gamble. The Irish government seem to have decided to price family researchers out. Those with Scottish ancestors are the luckiest.
    Last edited by webwiz; 03-03-13, 15:57.

Leave a comment:

• Elaine ..Spain
    replied
    Do you have any certificates for the family, e.g. birth or marriage certificates.
    A birth certificate would give you the name of mother and father, as well as mother's maiden name.

Leave a comment:

• Elaine ..Spain
    replied
    I am moving your thread over to our Research forum in the hope that someone can help.

Leave a comment:

• steward
    started a topic HEALY help needed finding Healy family

HEALY help needed finding Healy family

Hi could someone help me find information on my nans family please im at a dead end,my nan was Mary Josephine Healy she was born in Dublin Ireland 1913,she had sisters Esther Gertrude 1914,Kathleen Theresa 1921,and a brother John J Healy,i dont know their parents name, l have all their marriages and deaths but finding it hard to get mother and fathers name any help would be great.
Working...
X