HEALY help needed finding Healy family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEALY help needed finding Healy family

Hi could someone help me find information on my nans family please im at a dead end,my nan was Mary Josephine Healy she was born in Dublin Ireland 1913,she had sisters Esther Gertrude 1914,Kathleen Theresa 1921,and a brother John J Healy,i dont know their parents name, l have all their marriages and deaths but finding it hard to get mother and fathers name any help would be great.

I am moving your thread over to our Research forum in the hope that someone can help.
    Elaine

Comment

Do you have any certificates for the family, e.g. birth or marriage certificates.
      A birth certificate would give you the name of mother and father, as well as mother's maiden name.
      Elaine

Comment

Possible birth:
        Mary Josephine Healy
        Registered Quarter/Year:Apr - Jun 1913
        Registration District: Dublin North
        Volume:2 Page:477

You probably need to buy the birth cert using this reference at (deleted - see below) but it is a big investment on a gamble. The Irish government seem to have decided to price family researchers out. Those with Scottish ancestors are the luckiest.
        Last edited by webwiz; 03-03-13, 15:57.
        People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
        Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by webwiz View Post
          Possible birth:
          Mary Josephine Healy
          Registered Quarter/Year:Apr - Jun 1913
          Registration District: Dublin North
          Volume:2 Page:477

You probably need to buy the birth cert using this reference at http://www.birthsdeathsmarriages.ie/ but it is a big investment on a gamble. The Irish government seem to have decided to price family researchers out. Those with Scottish ancestors are the luckiest.
          That site are quoting €44 for a certificate !!

Go to the official Irish GRO site - http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

They now charge €20 for a full certificate, BUT you can also order a photocopy of the register entry (which contains exactly the same information , it just isn't valid as a legal certificate) for only €4 .
          Last edited by AntonyM; 03-03-13, 13:00.
          Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
          Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Was just about to say the same about the 44€ certificate!! Another rip off website!

Antony, re the 4€ photocopy of the register entry - is that still available? I thought I read somewhere it was being discontinued.
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post

Antony, re the 4€ photocopy of the register entry - is that still available? I thought I read somewhere it was being discontinued.
              Ignore that, I see it is still mentioned on the application form!
              Elaine

Comment

A fellow genealogist confirmed about a month ago that the photocopies are still available , although I haven't ordered one personally for a while. You do have to order by post/fax though.

There was a lot of moaning/discussion amongst genealogists when they doubled the normal certificate price up to €20. Coincidently they did it just as FMP made the Irish BMDindexes available ....a bit cynical, or an attempt to reduce their huge budget deficit ?
                Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Working...
                X