Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    Looking at sibs of JBM.

A possible for Mary although consistently a Mary Ann.

A Mary Ann Mitchell married in 1821 3/11 Edmund Biddick.

Edmund died 01/01/1831 aged 30. buried St John, Hoxton

3 Children
    Mary Ann b 1822 bp 1824 St Leonard's Shoreditch. Father Edmund Tin Plate Worker, mother Mary Ann, Ratcliffe Row. Died 1825 buried Spa Fields

Elizabeth b 1824, bp 1877 St John the Baptist, Hoxton. Father Edmund, Tin Plate Worker, mother Mary Ann, St John's Row, St Lukes.

?l? Anna b 15/06/1831 Workhouse. bp 1831 St Luke, Finsbury. Father Edmund, Tailor. Mother Mary Ann. Died 1832 Buried St John Hoxton

Mary Ann Biddick remarried 1844 06/06. St Mary Haggerston, Hackney to
    Benjamin Armstrong. He was full age, a Widower. Occ Gentleman from Haggerston. Father John, a Gentleman
    Mary Ann Biddick Widow, Hornsey, Father William Mitchell Tin Plate Worker
    Witnesses Joseph Rouse and James Sweet signed for more than one couple.

Had children Benjamin b 1840 and Mary Ann 1841

Mary Ann Armstrong died 1874 at Edmonton aged 70. Previously lived with son Benjamin

Vera
    Just looking at JBM's sibs and note one of the Witnesses at Anna Maria Mitchell's wedding to Thomas Dalman was an Edmund Biddick.

Vera

Comment

Just looking at JBM's sibs and note one of the Witnesses at Anna Maria Mitchell's wedding to Thomas Dalman was an Edmund Biddick.

Vera
      ooh what a spot, I must have looked at that record and didn't absorb the info, was that the one with really bad writing?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Wow. OK, I have to go exercise, then I'll start looking again when I get back.

Just got back DC for William Mitchell died 1844 (literally, I was typing the above sentence) probably not him, unless the w/h got the age wrong:
        14 Apr 1844, Workhouse Hoxton New Town, Wm Mitchell, age 76 years, Labourer...

Comment

• Oh shame about that dc of William. Any other info on it? I will try and find the 76 year old William to eliminate.

I have the records downloaded for Mary Ann. Can link. My laptop is so clunky.

Carolyn if I remember the records were not too bad but then I have to magnify. It's the fancy swirls that catch me out.

Vera

Comment

• I just hooked up the marriage records and created the husbands

Odd, she was underage on first marriage - but was by banns.

Second marriage by licence - can someone see if index for it can be found on FMP? I doubt it will shed light, but leave no stone underturned.

Died of paralysis, James I Bacon Present at the Death Saint Lukes' W/H Hoxton New Town. Registered 17 Apr 1844. Nada mas.

Comment

• Just added Sarah Biddick Pink to the tree, too - she's living with Benjamin & Mary Ann in 1851. Father on her marriage was Edmund Biddick, TPW, Deceased.

Comment

• Ah. Susanna Mitchell Holloway (b.1790) has a child named John Pinks Holloway. There's another Pink(s) connection in the tree, too. I can't remember how she ties in (definitely at least one more generation) but Celia Pink Guyett.

Oh, yeah - Celia Pink Guyett's second husband is William Mitchell, grandson/o JBM via his son John.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post

Second marriage by licence - can someone see if index for it can be found on FMP? I doubt it will shed light, but leave no stone underturned.
                  nothing more on FMP. same transcription.

funny that William was in Pinks Terrace
                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 14-08-21, 22:05.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                    nothing more on FMP. same transcription.

funny that William was in Pinks Terrace
                    date of licence? Vicar General?

Comment

I just hooked up the marriage records and created the husbands

Odd, she was underage on first marriage - but was by banns.

Died of paralysis, James I Bacon Present at the Death Saint Lukes' W/H Hoxton New Town. Registered 17 Apr 1844. Nada mas.
                      Second marriage by Licence. Not sure what you mean re finding index on FMP.

Have not been able to find anything re the William Mitchell aged 76 who died in the Workouse

Have seen burial records on FS for the William Mitchell d 1844 and Martha
                      Mitchell d 1848. They were both brought from Provost St for burial. Same undertaker.

William's death reg perhaps never reached GRO. Registers now with Hackney. Will link some info

Vera
                      ​​​​​
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Second marriage by Licence. Not sure what you mean re finding index on FMP.
                        ​​​​​​
                        The couple who married retained the Licence. The allegation and bond records, made at the time the licence was obtained, were part of the issuing authority's records and survive. Allegations made at the Vicar General are indexed on FMP. I have access to Vicar General allegations but not bonds. The allegation probably won't shed any light, but it doesn't hurt to look. Bonds can give groom's occupation.

No worries, I can look up the index the next time I'm at the library, then find the allegation. That might be a while, tho - our numbers are crazy-high and I don't want to venture into enclosed places just for the allegation.

Comment

• Awesome - yes, I think these are likely to be my people

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                          Hackney Council for Shoreditch death registrations 1844

Contact us | Hackney Council

London burial sites

The London Burial Grounds (magic-nation.co.uk)
                          New Page 1 (magic-nation.co.uk)

Vera
                          So, are you suggesting that I contact the Hackney Council?

Comment

• Here's a thought - the DC for the 76 yo Wm Mitchell from the W/H shows a DOD of 14 Apr 1844. Burial record that you found was for 21 Apr 1844 - Don't you think it's likely that the DC has the wrong age/occupation, and this really is the same person?

Comment

The couple who married retained the Licence. The allegation and bond records, made at the time the licence was obtained, were part of the issuing authority's records and survive. Allegations made at the Vicar General are indexed on FMP. I have access to Vicar General allegations but not bonds. The allegation probably won't shed any light, but it doesn't hurt to look. Bonds can give groom's occupation.

No worries, I can look up the index the next time I'm at the library, then find the allegation. That might be a while, tho - our numbers are crazy-high and I don't want to venture into enclosed places just for the allegation.
                              That's something new for me to digest. I will check out the set on FMP.

Vera

Comment

Awesome - yes, I think these are likely to be my people

So, are you suggesting that I contact the Hackney Council?
                                Yes. They have an Archives. Maybe get lucky and get Williams death registration. Or make some suggestions.

Vera

Comment

Here's a thought - the DC for the 76 yo Wm Mitchell from the W/H shows a DOD of 14 Apr 1844. Burial record that you found was for 21 Apr 1844 - Don't you think it's likely that the DC has the wrong age/occupation, and this really is the same person?
                                  Possibly. The dates are so close and same Reg district. I Can't find detailed burial records for William 76 but pretty sure there is a basic Parish burial Record for 1844 abode Workhouse which matches the dc you purchased. Will check. The detailed burial record for William and Martha has them being taken for burial from Provost Road. I suppose EDIT Samuel could have had the Undertaker remove his father from the Workhouse after the death had been Registered.

EDIT Samuel was of a different generation and not an adult son of Martha and William

Vera

Comment

• there is this on fmp, never noticed them before, but no more info other than you can buy it for £15

Last name Biddick
                                    Gender Female
                                    Licence year 1844
                                    Licence date 04 Jun 1844
                                    Groom's last name ARMSTRONG
                                    Bride's last name BIDDICK
                                    Place Dioceses of the Province of Canterbury
                                    Record set Vicar General Marriage Licences
                                    Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
                                    Subcategory Parish Marriages
                                    Collections from Great Britain, UK None

About Vicar General Marriage Licences
                                    The index to the Vicar General Marriage Licences comprises transcripts of marriage licences applied for in the Diocese of Canterbury.

These record are indexed by last name only and will give you the following information about your ancestor

Bride last name
                                    Groom last name
                                    Licence date

Order copies of documents
                                    You can order copies of the original documents from the Society of Genealogists for £15 including postage. Upon receipt of your payment, the Society of Genealogists will locate, copy and send you a copy of the record you are interested in within 14 days.
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

• can anyone find this on ancestry:
                                      Mary Ann Bedwick
                                      Female
                                      Shoreditch St Leonard, Middlesex, England, United Kingdom
                                      St Leonard Shoreditch, Middlesex, England
                                      Middlesex
                                      25 - page number
                                      704/58 - piece folio
                                      HO107
                                      I don't know how to take the folio info and translate it into districts, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                      X