Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burial record help please

Hi all,

On Ancestry there were three deaths registered in Rutland for John Barratt’s In 1913, 1847 & 1854. I'm hoping any burial records have which part in Rutland the burial took place and hopefully an age at death.

Does anyone have access to the burial records please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Last edited by jadzia; 25-06-12, 00:52.
    Ness

nothing on the nbi for leicestershire or rutland, according to findmypast, for any john barratt's. if you know what part of rutland they should be in, you could invest in a cd for that parish. they have at least 20 parishes covered on the one i had.

Comment

Re the 1913 death, there are a couple of trees on Ancestry which show:
      John William Barrett
      Born 1843 in Rutland, England
      Died 1913 in Morcott, Rutland, England
      married to: Lydia Lane (1846-1907)
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        Re the 1913 death, there are a couple of trees on Ancestry which show:
        John William Barrett
        Born 1843 in Rutland, England
        Died 1913 in Morcott, Rutland, England
        married to: Lydia Lane (1846-1907)
        Which would fit with the GRO index entry Q1 1913
        BARRATT John, aged 70, Uppingham registration district, volume 7a, page 420
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Hi Ness

Sorry I don't have burial records but thought I would do a process of elimination for you. You probably have this already but in case you don't it might save you some time.

The John Barratt Elaine and Judith found is the one living with John and Ann Tomblin in 1861. As he is John Tomblin's son in law it looks like he could be Ann's son before she married as her maiden name was Barratt. (I'm sure you know this as Tomblins are involved!!!)

The John Barratt born 1843 and living in Lyddington, Rutland in 1851 is alive and well in 1861 in Oundle, Northants so he can be crossed off.

The John Barratt born 1821 in Ketton is again alive and well in 1861 in Pinchbeck, Lincolnshire.

Can't find any other obvious contenders, sorry
          Last edited by Frazzled; 26-06-12, 22:13.

Comment

Just to add to that, the 1847 death is in the registration district of Uppingham.
            There is a John Barratt birth registered in Uppingham in 1843 1st qtr, so could be an infant death.
            Elaine

Comment

Elaine, I think the John Barratt born in Lyddington might be the 1843 birth reg as Lyddington comes under Uppingham district.

Comment

Yes you're right. Think I lost the plot there!!
                Elaine

Comment

No you didn't!! I should have put the birth refs down, I made a note of them but in my haste didn't but them in my post ;D

Comment

Hi all,

Thank you all so much for your help, I thought my John was the one who died in 1913 which I am now sure he is. I had confused myself (not hard to do) because although I had the birth cert for my John I noticed another John Barratt birth in abt 1844 in the same area, so had a little panic that I had been following the wrong John. As the other John born in Rutland around the same time was born in Lyddington I am now sure I have the correct birth cert & parents etc....

Thanks all

Ness

Comment

Working...
                    X