1911 census please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census please?

Can anyone please look for a Ben Roberts born 1910 and living in Leek, Staffordshire. As he was born pre mother's MS on the birth indexes, I'm stuck for his parent's names and birthplaces. This person died in 1978. I have a tentative birthplace for Ben of Staffordshire Moorlands but a local parish would be really good.

Many thanks

Father Ben Roberts aged 25 General carter, own account born Caernarvon married 3 years
    wife Harriet Roberts aged 24 born Burslem Staffs.
    John Henry aged 2 born 1901 Smallthorne Staffs.
    Ben Roberts aged 1 born Smallthorne Staffs.

address. number 1 Leek Road, Smallthorne

Comment

possible marriage for parents. 1907

Benjamin Roberts - Harriet Wood Holy Trinity Church Snyed, Staffordshire.
      Register office Stoke on Trent cert ref. 29/4/181.
      Last edited by Janet H.; 16-01-12, 20:17. Reason: added date.

Comment

John Henry birth registered at Norton, Newcastle under Lyne in 1908
        Ben birth registered at the same place 1910

Comment

That's great thanks Janet. So now I have a Benjamin, with a plain Ben in between and a Bernard. The 2nd son of Ben was named Bernard but aka Ben.
          Last edited by GallowayLass; 16-01-12, 22:08.

Comment

Trying to trace my family tree and I think I’m John Henry’s granddaughter. Any information would be much appreciated.?

Comment

Were your parents married 1973 at St John Hanley?

Comment

No. The john henry Roberts I’m looking for married my maternal grandmother Vera Williams in Jan 1947.

Comment

No. The John Henry Roberts I’m looking for married my maternal grandmother in Jan 1947.

Comment

The John Henry ROBERTS I have was born Leek (Norton) 1908 mms WOOD. I’ve had a wee look on GRO index and I see there was another born 1906 in Wolstanton (Burslem). Have we each got a different John Henry?

Comment

I think it’s the one from Leek. I have a marriage certificate from 1947 to Vera. It states he’s a 38 years old divorcee. His ex wife is Ethel. Who he married in 1936. So that 1908 fits. Are you related to John Henry?

Comment

Gosh. I had not realised he had been married and divorced. I had him married in 1949 to yet another person. Have I got that totally wrong or was the marriage to Vera a short one?

Comment

Vera died 5 months after they married. They had a daughter Margaret who was my mum. (Vera was pregnant when they wed)

Comment

As with all things in my family ‘s kinda complicated LOL. My connection is John Henry’s brother Ben. My Gran was a 1st cousin once removed to Ben’s children.
                            Ben 1910-1978 married Annie Maria HALL 1910-1982. Annie’s mother was Frances (Fanny) ACKERLEY 1876-1950
                            Fanny’s big sister Mary Eliza ACKERLEY 1872-1941 married William HARRISON 1866-1924. This couple were my 2xGrandparents.
                            Although Annie and my Gran were actually cousins, they were always together and as close as sisters.
                            I know Ben and Annie’s youngest child - no prizes for guessing what his forename is! His wife Mary died 2013. They have 1 daughter who has 2 daughters and a son.

Comment

Then it’s deffo the same man! He got married again in 1949 to Ivy Hulme FLANNERY 1923-1985. 6 children that I know of but I have no idea at all about any of them other than that.
                              f 1950
                              f 1952-1956
                              m 1953
                              f 1956
                              f 1959
                              m 1964

Comment

If you can make 5 more posts then the private messaging system will work for you if you need to tell me anything sensitive or about people that are alive or likely still alive as it’s a rule of this forum that we don’t post details of anyone who is known to be or might be still with us.

Comment

Do you know where Vera was born?

Comment

Vera was born 1926. She was 21 when she died

Comment

Stoke on Trent

Comment

Glad to have got your research going again

Comment

Working...
                                        X