CAROLINE EMILY ROBERTS born about 1810 Thames Ditton, Surrey - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAROLINE EMILY ROBERTS born about 1810 Thames Ditton, Surrey - help needed

10.01.2021: ADDED: For all the info and gathered information, please see my blogs on here about the Coulls.

My blogs>Liz's blogs. Sorry if I haven't managed to reply to anyone's messages - please message again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...to find out more about her, if anyone has the time. This is what I have so far:

A living descendant of Thos Coull confirms that her name was Caroline Emily but to family she was called by her middle name, Emily. Cannot find her on IGI baps. Would she be in the Ancestry London Baps - Thames Ditton near Hampton Court and Esher. The old church St Nicholas there is now under Diocese of Guildford. Thought I would e mail them in the new year to see if they keep their bap records.

Marriage: Thomas Coull & Caroline Roberts 23/5/1826 Old Church, St Pancras

IGI and Ancestry London Marriages - no useful info on the Church entry except one of the witnesses was ? M Roberts. If anyone can decipher that second witness signature, be grateful. No parents' names or addresses.

The descendant has a letter from Caroline's fiance in Oct 1825 and he thinks the address is: Miss E Roberts, at Mrs Bakers, 34 Clarinton Square, Somers Town, London. Hard to decipher. (Somers Town is in St Pancras, where they married)

Thomas was described as a bookseller and family abode as St Martin-in-the-Fields, Westminster when his 3 sons were christened in the early 1830s. His father, Dr T Coull, lived in Antigua.

I no longer have Ancestry subs, so would be grateful if someone could check out the Family Trees where she is listed. There is a link via one of her sons to the Butcher family and I notice there is one listed with Butcher and Caroline Roberts.

Cannot find her accurately in 1841 - she was widowed by then. Here she is in 1851 with her sons:

1851 Head: Emily Coull 41 b1810 Thames Ditton, Surrey. Widow. Householder.
    Sons all unmarried, printer compositors and born in ? Middx:

Thomas b1830
    William b1832
    Frank b1835

34 Freeling St, Islington

I have had a lot of help recently on the Coulls so if there is a great demand for help, please leave this till you are bored after Christmas . Many thanks.
    Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 19-12-11, 17:20.
    Liz

the witness name looks like C Rita to me, not that it makes much sense!!

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

The descendant has a letter from Caroline's fiance in Oct 1825 and he thinks the address is: Miss E Roberts, at Mrs Bakers, 34 Clarinton Square, Somers Town, London. Hard to decipher. (Somers Town is in St Pancras, where they married)

Hi Liz
      1811 London directory Mr Robt Baker 34,Union St, Clarendon Sq Somers Town.
      Moggie

Comment

Thank you for having a look at it Julie. I thought the initial and the first letter of the surname were the same so...C Cita...

Moggie - You have cracked it! I don't suppose there are any Coulls in that directory are there? Her fiance, Thomas, the bookseller, would only have been about 15 then so he probably isn't there.
        Liz

Comment

10.01.2021: ADDED: For all the info and gathered information, please see my blogs on here about the Coulls.

My blogs>Liz's blogs. Sorry if I haven't managed to reply to anyone's messages - please message again.
          Liz

Comment

Working...
          X